1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Question!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by MetalGeat, Jun 13, 2007.

1. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Hello,I'm not that informed with the ps2 scene, Im more into psp's. But i have a ps2 and I want to know how come I cant play bootleg music cd's or dvd's and how come sometimes you have to restart the console just to get a game to play? The specs on my ps2 are...

Scph-30001
    PT106200069
    Ac:12V 60 Hz 72w Orginal Not Slim Version

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

What do you mean bootlegged? like downloaded music that is burned into a disc? the ps2's laser is not like the 360's, it can't read burned things AT ALL. And lol, im into PS2 but i can't understand PSP. XD

3. shabi-ul

shabi-ul Regular member

Actually you can play burnt music CDs and burnt DVD Videos on a PS2 without a Modchip, the only thing you can't play without a Modchip are burnt games.

4. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

and how do you do this, my ps2 was reading my disk that good, and I would get d.r.e's on unscratched games, then I found a tut on rotating the clockworks inside of it and cleaning the lens and now it works fine. But how d I play the burnt music and dvd's

5. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, Action Replay MAX lets you play movies and music from (and only from) a CD-R and it also lets you play region X DVDs.

6. shabi-ul

shabi-ul Regular member

Have you every tried playing backups?

I burnt a DVD Video and thought let me try it in the PS2 and see what happens. So i put it in and it worked :D
    I tried a burnt Music CD and it also worked :D

You only need a modchip to play burnt games.