1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple steps to transfer ringtons and pics

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by shr3ak, Mar 14, 2005.

1. shr3ak

shr3ak Member

sup guys.

I've got a V400 and the past two days I've gone through many forums (too many) to find a way just to send my ringtones and pics to my V400. Well I hope this will you n00bs like me who just want to send ringtones and pics to their cell and don't need nor want to understand the complexity of anything else.

First of all download Motorola Phone Tools aka MPT

http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.me...ola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar (this is a rar file which is like a zip but you need winrar from www.winrar.com)

Extract the big file so there should be a folder on your desktop
    "Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail"

Plugin your motorola usb cord with the cell phone attached.

go to device manager and you should see V400 with a question mark "?" next to it meaning it needs a driver. Now right click on it and choose update driver. Choose "install from a specified location" and hit next. Hit the check box to "include this location in search" and put the path of that folder you extracted earlier.for example mine was C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail\Setup\program files\Motorola\mobile PhoneTools\inf

make sure it points to the inf folder b/c that's where the driver is.

Now the driver is installed and go run the setup for MPT (motorola phone tool) and that's it.

This is probably the easiest way, I don't think you need p2k driver or all the other stuff. As far as I know winxp sp2 should run fine with mpt, those ppl that have problems with it is probably b/c they did something wrong.

Good luck all.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thnx for the information but if used the P2Kman u will have saved a lot of times, but thnx anyway...