1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simplest way to play CSOs and ISOs with a PSP fw1.5?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by amabuka, Jul 5, 2007.

1. amabuka

amabuka Member

I have a psp with fw1.5, and a bunch of games in CSO format which i cannot play. what is the best way to play both CSOs and ISOs (devhook? custom firmware upgrade?)

2. twyphoon

twyphoon Member

in my opinion, use dark alex's (may his PSP community soul rest in peace) OE firmware. my experience with it has been great.

3. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

yeah, the devhook can get complicated, and the custom firmwares are great and are easily compatiblle with almost everything, so custom f.w is your best bet bro.

4. amabuka

amabuka Member

I know these are dumb questions but here goes: if i update my PSP with a OE firmwate such as 3.03 OE C will i be able to go back to the fw1.5 in case it doesnt work out? if i update to 3.03 OE C will i be able to simply drop my ISOs and CSOs into the MS so that they would show up in the PSPs menu?

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yes

Yes, after formatting your memory-stick in 3.03 OE-C there will be a ISO folder on your memory stick put your iso's/cso's in there and they will show up on the game menu.

6. amabuka

amabuka Member

Thanks for the advise. I just upgraded my psp to 3.03OE-C firmware but the problem is that both the CSOs and the ISOs are NOT showing up in the memory stick. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT..??

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Corrupted iso's maybe?

8. acewing

acewing Member

is the iso/cso in the ISO folder at the root of the memory stick?

9. amabuka

amabuka Member

basically there are only two folders in my memory stick: one is PSP and the other one is ISO. I put all the games in the empty ISO folder. Do you think i should upgrade again to 3.03 OE-C?

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah could've been a defective install.

11. amabuka

amabuka Member

actually as soon as i started up my PSP right after updating it to 3.03 OE-C, it did say something about a defective install and to press 0 to revert back to original settings. So do you know where i can download a working "3.03 OE-C easy installer"?

12. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

3.03 oe-c is old man. get with 3.40 oe-a. im not saying its better, its just wat i prefer. and, more newer iso's will work.

13. amabuka

amabuka Member

GUYS IM FRUSTRATED! no games are playing in the 3.03 OE-C version, i tried upgrading to 3.04 OE-A version but now it cant even execute the updates, all it says is "The game could not be started (8002014C)" now im thinking of downgrading back to 1.5 and starting all over again!! can someone HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I'm pretty sure that error means *(in laymons terms) that you need to either turn "Use No-UMD mode" on or leave it off and keep a UMD in your drive all the time. To turn "Use No-UMD mode" on go into the recovery menu, and under the Configuration menu enable the "Use No-UMD mode" on.

15. amabuka

amabuka Member

thank you, ill try it out ASAP

16. amabuka

amabuka Member

i have successfully managed to upgrade my psp to 3.04 OE-A. finally i can drop my ISOs in the PSP and play them instantly, but i still cant play the CSOs since they dont show up. What am i doing wrong??

17. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

cso is just a better compression. run it through UMD GEN and then try.

18. alejo1521

alejo1521 Member

I have a problem running a ISO. I have firmware 3.30 oe-a from Rest in peace Dark Alex. Every time I run the ISO. Burnout Legends and I have the option to created a profile and everything runs perfect. But went I press yes to auto save the scream turns great and the PSP get froze the same thing happen went I choose load profile.
    This happen with prince of Persia Is any way I can save the game profile on ISO games.

Thank you, And please be easy i'm new on this.[/img][/img][/color]

19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@alejo215

There could be numerous problems with the game/iso. It could be a corrupted iso download, the iso rip itself may have been faulty. The memory card may be at blame. There are so many options its hard to really tell with the info you gave. Personally if I was you I would upgrade to 3.40 OE-A as to get the latest custom firmware, and then see if it works. Also I would redownload/rip the game to check and see if you possibly got a bad iso.

20. amabuka

amabuka Member

Tried running the CSO games through UMD GEN, the program crashes as soon as i start the decompression. Are there any other programs that i can use to change the CSOs to ISOs? or maybe fix the custom firware update 3.04 OE-A to read the CSO files?