1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simpsons...episodic movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by willbee7, Jun 18, 2004.

1. willbee7

willbee7 Member

hey everyone. I am very new to this entire dvd-backing up process, and was wondering if there is a painless way of squeezing an entire simpsons season 4 disk onto 1 dvd+r. I am using Dvd X Copy Platinum. I tried to back disk 2 up earlier by allowing compression to 45% for each title, but in the long run it didn't work. i get an unable to read disk message on a regular dvd player, and nothing on the computer. any help would be great...thanks a lot.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

dont know about using x copy, but use shrink
    1-open shrink
    2-open season disk
    3-re-author, drag main movie file across only, there may be 1 or lots of small ones
    4-back up
    5-burn

you will find you can put possibly 2 dvds on one using this procedure
    1-open shrink
    2-open file
    3-browse to previously backed up episode disc
    4-re-author, drag above movie over
    5-dvd browser, browse to other episode disc and drag movie files over to window
    6-backup (you may get a file size too big msg, ignore it)
    7-if file size too big open shrink again, open file on computer and backup again

3. willbee7

willbee7 Member

ok...here's the main problem. when i use x copy platinum, the dvd appears to burn without any flaws (with or without compression). once the dvd ejects, and after i insert it back into the drive, it does not show up in 'my computer'. if i click on the drive, it says there's nothing in there. if i put the dvd into a regular player...an external one for a tv....i get a "unable to read disk" error. please help if you have any advice just for dvd x copy platinum, as i would really like to have all the menus/features on one simpsons disk. thanks so much