1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 2 again

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Molder, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hi guys,
    I read most of the posts here on Sims 2 but couldn't see the same problem I have.

I bought the kids (it for the kids honest) Sims 2, it is the CD version, I want to back up disc 1, I copied it using Alcohol 52% (safe disc 2) I burnt the image using DVD decrypter, Loaded the game fine (using Backup disc 1) after install, when the backed up disc 1 is installed, the PC hangs at the Sims 2 splash screen (both the HDD light and CD light stay lit), is there a way around this?

M

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The image needs to be burned with Alcohol120% in order to write the protection back to the disc properly. Decrypter can't do that :)

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Thanks for that, I have a trial of 120% somewhere.

M

4. Aileron

Aileron Member

Is it only disk 1 that has the Safedisk copy protection?

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I don't have that particular game so I can't tell you exactly which disc is protected but normally only the play disc is protected. You can use A-Ray scanner to verify which one is protected :)

http://www.aray-software.com/

6. Aileron

Aileron Member

*sigh* I'm still running up against a brick wall....or splash screen ;) with this one.

Even after re-doing Disk 1 with the safedisk protection, and a slower speed (4x) (I'm using Alcohol120), it still gives that error message.

Did anyone ever find a definative (eaily explainable) way around this?

7. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Unfortunately with this Safedisc 3.2 protection it all comes down to your burner. Which is? Some burners are just simply not capable of producing a working backup disc, only an image. I'm guessing you have all Safedisc emulations enabled?

8. Molder

Molder Regular member

I have not been able to make a disc that will run the game, I can install off the disc but it won't run the game, I read a bit more in other forums here and concluded I don't have the right burner to burn safe disc protection.

Ho hum.

M