1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Size of files using UMDDAXDumper - Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tgazelle, Apr 12, 2007.

1. tgazelle

tgazelle Member

The games that I dump into ISOs using UMDDAXDumper average around 750MB - 900MB. This seems kind of large to me, so I went out on the net looking for how some other people did it. I'll use one example:

For my Untold Legends - Brotherhood of the Blade game, it took up about 870MB. Yet when I see some other people on the internet reporting file sizes, the game is around 85MB. That is a huge difference.

In UMDDAXDumper, it has by default compression level 9 (which is recommended). Do all your games show up that large? Is UMDDaxDumper the best program to use to get reliable dumps that are of an acceptable size?

I bought some more UMD games today, so looking forward to getting them playable via my memory stick.

Thanks for your input and help.

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

They probably just deleted some audio and video files, and some bundled upgrade files too. :)

3. tgazelle

tgazelle Member

So essence, no UMD game should result in an 82MB file, unless stuff was removed from the game (audio/trailers, cutscenes, etc.) So 800+MB is a normal size for a dumped file?