1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

size of game problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kenny2560, Apr 23, 2005.

1. kenny2560

kenny2560 Member

ive backed up a few games and found that i get perfect copies of games under 4gb but when i back up a game over 4gb it doesnt work.. any suggestions on how i culd fix the problem?
    using dvd decryptor and swap magic

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Depending on your version of SM disks you may need to use cd-loader.
    (or dvd loader)
    www.swapmagicfix.com

Good luck :)

3. kenny2560

kenny2560 Member

swap magic version is 2.0 dvd . some of the games arent on the list and the one that is has no fix.???????????????
    thanks

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Yes with 2.0 you will need to use a loader,

or get ver 3.3 or higher.

5. kenny2560

kenny2560 Member

thank 4 ya help. i dun really understand this loader business like what do i have to do, how do i do it and y?

6. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

beacuse the games are different.
    And your version is outdated.

from swapmagicfix.com
    Grab the confirmed working versions of DVD Loader below, and for those who don't know... DVD Loader is simply CD Loader ported for burning on DVDR for use with the Swap Magic 2.0 DVD disc.

DVD loader and cd loader do the same thing. One is burned to cd-r
    the other to dvd. There is no differnce except the media your burning to.

If your ps2 read cd-r fine then i would use cd loader,
    if not you can use dvd loader as an alternitive.

DVD loader.
    http://www.ps2nfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52

CD loader and DVD loader instructions.
    http://www.swapmagicfix.com/cdloader.html

CDLoader FiXes are images that must be burned to a CDR and swapped in-between your original Swap Magic 2.0 CD and your PS2 game back-up.
    With that being stated, insert your Swap Magic CD Disc into your PS2 and at the prompt pictured use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool
    to switch your Swap Magic CD Disc for your CDLoader CDR disc. Once the swap is made, press X on the controller to load the CDLoader software.

2) At THIS prompt you have (2) choices: You can press X to go to an OPTiON menu used to select specific loader OPTiONs for the titles listed on our
    main page that require them, or you can use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool to switch your CDLoader CDR with your 1:1 CDR back-up
    game, followed by pressing X to load it and enjoy! For loading DVDR back-up games proceed to step #3 below without pressing anything yet.

3) If you wish to play a 1:1 DVDR game back-up at THIS prompt you will have to press EJECT on your PS2 and then insert your Swap Magic DVD Disc
    and press X on the controller to reach THIS prompt. Now, use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool to switch your original Swap Magic DVD Disc
    with your 1:1 DVDR game back-up and press X to load it and enjoy!

NOTE: As stated above, our CDLoader FiXes are images that must be burned to a CDR and swapped in-between your original Swap Magic 2.0 CD and your PS2
    game back-up. They can NOT be burned to the same CDR disc as your PS2 game back-up, and if you need help burning PS2 game back-ups click HERE

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005