1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Size of Wiikey and drive?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by konakona, Feb 7, 2008.

1. konakona

konakona Member

I read that the Wiikey is very small, and also that the parts on the Wii DVD drive that I need to solder is small too. I'm just curious, how small are they? It would be great to use analogies like "like 3 quarters put together, about the size of a credit card, etc etc.."

Thanks!

2. juniR

juniR Guest

3. firefox13

firefox13 Regular member

The Wiikey is very small, and if you have never soldered before I would suggest finding someone who can do it for you (like I did). I don't remember the exact dimensions, but I want to say that it is about the size of a penny or dime.

4. konakona

konakona Member

That doesn't really help, because it just shows the chip(and size cannot be determined from these pics), unless I go to the 2nd page, then there's a comparison between a finger and the chip. A friend showed me the physical chip the other day, and it's really tiny..Thanks for trying though..

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  5. juniR

juniR Guest

There were many images and some had a coin on (you asked), as I recall looking through many myself on a good few pages, looking for good pics but not being au fait with the actual coins myself and seeing as how there were various items and images with which you could compare the size, position etc. to get a good comprehensive idea of the wiikey. It took me more than 20 seconds - prolly 3/4 mins before deciding it had enough good pics and was suitable to post. If you take the time to look closely at many of those pics you can NOT fail to find some useful ones and I personally would prefer to see an actual pic I can relate to than have a verbal ball park description. I think my pics link is fine.

I see you edited so I've withdrawn some of my response to your intial post.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008