1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skiping prob

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BadTast, Feb 25, 2007.

1. BadTast

BadTast Member

Hello I'm not if this should be here or in nero but every time i copy a dvd i use dvd shrink then nero and for some reason the movie skips after its done and its a new pc i got it 2 days ago + is there any other program i can use to burn the dvd with other then using nero? i have vista and i tried everything to get nero to work and i'm having no luck.

2. colw

colw Active member

Possibly due to the use of poor quality media, burning too fast or the use of labels on your burnt DVD's.

What brand of media are you burning to and at what speed?

3. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

@Badtast

Since you're using Nero, post your most recent Nero log and we can probably find out the problem. Your log will tell a lot about how your burning process is taking place. Thanks.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Skips occur from different causes. Too much compression rates high as a cause. Transcoding errors can happen. Plus, as mentioned, dodgy media can cause a bad burn. Poor handling of a DVD will also cause skipping. One of the kids put a DVD in while snacking on KFC and you can guess what happened. Hey, why's the movie skipping? Smudged and scratched DVDs can show similar problems.

With Shrink, if the compression is high, use the quality settings.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007