1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skipping also

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by evilfullr, Mar 19, 2005.

1. evilfullr

evilfullr Member

See I used a program called DVD Decrypter. I copied the movie to my hard drive. Once I did this, I burned it onto a disc called DVD + R DL. After I did this, I put the DVD into my DVD Player and the movie keeps on skipping all the way. Can someone please help me with this problem.

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

I had the same problem before and was the original DVD that was scratched. Play the original DVD and see if skips as well.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Also, what speed did you burn that disc at? What brand of disc did you use? Do you back up a lot of movies? If so, do you defrag your hard drive regularly? Did you select the mds file?

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Maybe an issue with compatibility between your player and the DL media.

DL media is very new to the consumer market, and therefore there are some compatibility issues with this new technology compared to the older players and there abilities to read this new media.

And also could be a burning speed issue, but these DL media are rated for low speeds at the moment until the research and development moves forward.

May also be an issue with Dvd Decrypter, have you tried any other burning program?