1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skipping dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nursemo, Apr 22, 2007.

1. nursemo

nursemo Member

I'm trying to learn to use Roxio Copy and Convert 3 to burn dvds. I can convert the files to dvd and burn them but when i put them in my stand alone player, they skip. Is this user error, my media (Memorex dvd-r), my player or what? Please help!

2. david66

david66 Regular member

sounds like a media problem Memorex is not a good media Verbatim is very good very high rating

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Memorex is not a good start.You better stick with top notch medias,like TY or as david66 mentioned,verbatim medias too.And as a good thumb rule,always burn at half the rated speed,exceptionally for TY and Verbatim medias with speed rating till 8X,you can easily bun them at same speed,only for 16X then it's advisable to burn at half the speed.Other medias burn at half the rated speed.To increase compatibility more,you could use the +R media as they can be booktyped to DVD-ROM,which fools you dvd player in making it believe that you're using original ones(all original movies come in DVD-ROM format).

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007