1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yoshibond, Feb 11, 2005.

1. yoshibond

yoshibond Member

It never seemed to happen before, but recently it seems like some to most of my DVDs have been working fine for 95% of the movie but then start freezing and skipping within the last 10 mins of the movie. I have only noticed this with compressed movies, but this could just be a coincidence. I'm just curious if the fact that it skips near the end all the time sets off any flags?

2. hursty

hursty Active member

dont burn at the end of the disc
    if you are using shrink,set the custom size to 4300mb
    see if that helps

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Buy better media, and slow down your burn speed.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yup...

try good quality dvdr's! i had this with bulkpaq orange many moons ago, i used the exact same file to burn on ritek at 4x and it played perfect!

5. hursty

hursty Active member

i suppose we are assuming you have cheap and nasty media,and burning at high speed

you may not need to purchase anymore media,so dont waste your money before trying what i suggested.
    while it is true better media will allow the burn to be more reliable near the edge of the disc,there is no point in wasting what you have.
    with kind regards hursty

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  6. yoshibond

yoshibond Member

Yeah my media is shitty (well alright kinda)... its mitsumi = optodisc which according to a chart i looked at somewhere a while back is "level 2" but not the worst stuff. I will try changing the max size to 4300mb and hopefully that should prevent the burning by edges problem. Never thought of that - good idea. I got the discs 200 for $45 so I guess I get what I pay for and at just under 25cents each I cant complain I guess. Sometimes I burn a disc and it doesnt work or skips and I can use the disc that doesnt work as a source disc and make a copy of it which works so who knows?
    Thanks for the help and the suggestion.