1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Broadband..

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Alfa33Man, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Hi Guys,,
    I know there is another Thread about this,,but I think it's a bit outdated.

Anyway,,as many of you know,,sky are soon to be introducing broadband here in Ireland. So,what I like to know is,,How does that work out for people that cardshare?
    Is it safe to use it? Is the sky bb best avoided if your using a share,or providing one?

Just curious.

Thanks.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

They dont provide bband directly, they are signed up with eircom to provide this, what comes down the line is tiny packet of data, if any provider wanted to know what ure doing they can, but nothing to worry about,

your really stuck with vodafone, eircom or Sky or any other that use the eircom set up,

3. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Thanks for the feedback MICKAH..

Thankfully I have none of the above providers,as I do not have an active phone line,and nor do I want one.
    We use IrishBroadband/Imagine,,so it's the fixed Wireless Antenna on the roof.

Was just wondering with sky coming onto the scene would it have been an end to the cardshare.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

nah, take more than that

5. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Thanks again MICKAH..

6. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Hi Guys,,

Back to this again..Just on a different Forum now,,and I saw the piece I pasted below..

What does everyone think? True or false that sky are up to something?

Originally Posted by...
    Q/ Ok, had a few calls recently about sky hd channels suffering from small freezing or juddering. Been out and checked dish alignment and they were spot on. Got a call to say it was happening again (during rugby) today so went to see for myself. And there was a judder with a few pixilations every so often. This mainly happened on sport channels. SD channels seemed ok. The sky box in question is an old one, which I think has recently had software updates. I had a look on the sky forum and its actually been reported a few times recently, but no answer or comment from sky reps.

A/ ECM's have been much higher on their HD channels as recent - Sky are upping their game against CS I'd say.

7. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

seen this also started around sunday last,very high ecm this morning which is normally very good obviously less traffic this time of day.

8. e45

e45 Regular member

Its down to the moving and shutting down of satellite's and the moving of them as well to make a smaller footprint.

dec 4 people saying their HD channels where playing up

thanks to >>> River-Rat for the post

9. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I have seen this on ITV1 HD, pixelating and like the screen flicks back to a scene from a few secs ago, does this now and again only on this chan