1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky plus/ D box??

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hoochidge, Aug 9, 2007.

1. hoochidge

hoochidge Guest

Hello all,

Got a question for ya:

I have a dbox2 for my virgin cable which is just dandy, but i am moving to a flat which has sky only.

When i get the sattelite version of dbox2 is there any way i can make this compatible with Sky+ or is this very wishfull thinking, the reason being that i wish to buy a home cinema system to match my samsung tv but they do not do a home cinema system with DVD recorder leaving me with no way of recording TV..... Help Me

2. dc69

dc69 Regular member

sky isnt hacked so dbox sat wont work

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Ile give you 50 quid for your d box
    Put that towards your sky bill
    Hows that for help
    LOL
    Cant you get cable feed Broadband or tv to the flat paul

4. hoochidge

hoochidge Guest

sounds like im screwed, cheers anyway fellas.... who's Paul??

5. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Thats me ................Paul

6. hoochidge

hoochidge Guest

Thanks Paul

7. hoochidge

hoochidge Guest

I am told its a communal sattelite dish, which i presume is 1 dish supplying all the appartments, is there nothing i can do??, i thought that there was a dbox which worked with sat dishes??.

As you can tell i am no expert, apologies for my ignorance but i just hate giving my money to the evil empire that is SKY.

Can anyone recommend anything??

8. dc69

dc69 Regular member

if its a communal dish that is pointed at the sky satelite the best you can do is freeview as you can hack other foreign channels on sattelite that show premiership for example but you need to have a motorised dish and it needs to be pointed at another satelite so ur fucked for that.

the only thing you could do is cardshare.this is where someone who has a valid sky subscription for uk sky uses a dreambox instead of their sky box and they connect it to the web,doing this they can share the encryption keys with other dreambox users who have their dish pointed at the sky satelite as the keys change your dreambox will auto change.its very secretive business and you are best going to a uk satelite forum and asking althouh you may get banned i dont know the specifics of each site.you would need a dreambox 500s and a broadband internet connection,most people will charge you for the service but not half as much as sky will.its gona be pretty hard to set up,if you search around im sure you can find some info.

Dave

9. hoochidge

hoochidge Guest

Thanks dc, most helpful