1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slave or master

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by chy333, Apr 12, 2007.

1. chy333

chy333 Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got anther dvd drive put in my computer and running aright but i reformat my hard drive iv got
    nec dvd re nd 355oa
    optiarc dvd rw ad 717oa
    and this hl dt st rw dvd gcc 4522b its this one WATS messing me about it dose not recognize dvd when i put a dvd in
    wot i do is but a dvd i wont copying then burn with the other two burners

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

In English??

What does this (if somebody{anybody} can translate it??) have to do with subtitles?

But at least it's a decent thread title for a change this week.

I'll give it my best shot seing as I am struggling with understanding the OP..

If you have two (2) drives on the same cable they must be one set to master, the other set to slave.
    With windows ( I can't see it being *nix.. can you?) it doesn't seem to matter which is which. So long as they are one of each.

If you have only one burner and a dvd rom on the same cable the burner likes to be master, but again it really shouldn't make any difference.

If it isn't detecting the drive then just maybe you need to go into the bios and enable the IDE channel.. Particularly on older Dell hardware.

If the drive exists in "my computer" then it is most likely not seeing the disks, or if you are putting blank disks in, the burning software is conflicting with windows notifier (grrrrrr roxio!!)

I really hope that helps, because the thought of deciphering another post like the first is a bit much on a Friday evening.. especially being the 13th and all..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007