1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slax question...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mrpie36, Mar 4, 2007.

1. mrpie36

mrpie36 Member

Hey,
    I am seriously considering flashing my Hitachi drive, and I have one question regarding Slax. I am reading the .pdf that is in another thread, and it explains everything in great detail but I am a little confused on one part. After you boot the 360 and PC at the same time with them connected and the slax disc booting, it says it might say "disc spinning" in which case you would eject the disc. After it is in mode B and I suppose the computer would be loaded into Slax, what do you do? Do you unplug the SATA, turn off the computer? Both? I understand that afterwards you have to boot into windows, but I am not exactly sure what to do immediatly before that.

Also, assuming that I have the SATA PCI slot, is a SATA cable all I need?

Thanks!

2. mrpie36

mrpie36 Member

Forgot to mention this-when it says "eject the drive if it says spinning disc", do I press the eject button to open it, or remove the SATA cable to disconnect it?

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you put the slax disc in your computer and you boot from that disc, get to the login part and you can restart your computer, never turn the 360 off and once windows is booted it will read the drive and you can flash it

4. mrpie36

mrpie36 Member

Thanks...so once it gets to the login prompt can I eject the disk, turn off my computer and then on into windows, or will that mess Slax up?

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

get to the login and login, its User:root Pass:toor once you do that you will get to a thing that looks like a command prompt, once there type "reboot" without the ""'s and eject the disc and boot to windows, as soon as windows boots go to my computer and make sure you see the drive listed there

6. mrpie36

mrpie36 Member

OK thanks...one last question though! Once I'm done flashing the firmware, is it safe to just pull the SATA cable out, or do I have to do it another way? Or can I just push the power button on the 360?

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

shut down the computer and then shut down the xbox and then remove the sata cable from the drive and the computer and plug the original cable back into the drive

8. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

hey mrpie could you tell me exactly which thread you used please?

9. mrpie36

mrpie36 Member

10. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

thanks a lot ;)