1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slayer didn't restore M$ dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by whagwan, Jun 8, 2004.

1. whagwan

whagwan Member

Please forgive my newbieness here but I'm totally stuck and can't find a solution specific to my problem.

I have crystal xbox with an Aladdin Advance and what I believe to be ex4861 blue bios. Well, that's what the guy who chipped it wrote down for me. I know it says xecutor 2 under the blue X on start up if that helps?

On to my problem....

The other day I stupidly messed up my M$ dash with the Live option in Ninja Gaiden. Just call it a stoner moment of madness! Anyway, after this dumbass error, when I tried to boot normally with the chip off I was getting the green service screen then when I tried to get to the M$ dash using evoX it gave me the error 21 message.

I had a look throught the forums for ways to fix this and saw a post saying it's possible to re-install and fix C: with Salyer Auto Installer to save the hassle of using a back-up of the C: and E: drives, which I don't have.

I have Slayer v2.5 on disk so I put it in my xbox, chose the option to re-build my retail HD and let it run. I also installed what appears to be a newer version of evoX and all the other cool stuff Slayer has.

Now I thought this would have totally solved the problem however when I try to boot normally (chip off) I still get the green service screen. WTF? On the plus side I can now access it using evoX but I want to access it the normal way. I also get the service screen occasionally when ejecting a disk but it was getting late and I was frustrated so I didnt firgure out under what circumstance it usually occurs.

So to me it would appear the Slayer auto installer hasn't done what it's supposed to and fully re-stored my C: drive.

What would be best course of action now? Get a back-up of the C: and E: drives from someone else (I can do this). And does the fact my xbox was Live enabled when I bought it make a difference? I've already lost all my save games so I don't care how drastic the fix is, as long as it restore's it to normal and I can still use Live when I eventually get broadband.

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any help as this is driving me nuts!

Lee

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

ok you willneed to learn to FTP(do u have a computer)

-rename xboxdash.xbe into evoxdash.xbe
    -rename msdash.xbe into xboxdash.xbe
    -edit the evox.ini file so that it searches for xboxdash.xbe when you click ms dash

3. whagwan

whagwan Member

Cheers dude.

I can't ftp at the moment but I understand what you mean. I have a few cables that are supposedly crossover cables but none of them seem to work! I'll get a proper one at the weekend. At least my xbox still plays games till then.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

littlejonnys installer or team xaviers installer will redo your ms dash, Ive used both will full sucess
    also there is more than one version of ms dash

make sure too, your hdd is locked

you can also access ms dash from evox, you dont ever need to switch yer chip off then
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC SPEC: XP 3000+ (overclocked) asus 2x fsb 400, 768mb ddr 2700, ati pro 128mb, pioneer a106 w/ hacked firmware
    XBOX SPEC: ver.1.2 with Xecuter 2.3-4983 bios,80gb hdd,Samsung sdg605,evox,xbmc,xbmp,dvdxr,xprogear,
    mame0x w/ 1,500 roms, kawax w/ 100 roms[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  5. fish1981

fish1981 Member

I also had a problem when selecting the Live option in Ninja Gaiden. I have a little different circumstances, though, b/c I have only soft-modded my xbox and installed linux on it (xebian). Anywho, when I start up the xbox, it begins to load the dashboard (you can see a small green circle start to appear) and then it stops and resets. This cycle never ends. I have tried putting a game, dvd, and audio cd's in the drive but it just won't load. Any ideas would be MUCH appreciate!!!

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Well one thing you could do is format your entire hard drive since you already deleted your saved games etc. To do this you will need to boot to the M$ dashboard, doesnt matter how, and go to system info in setting. Here is a link that tells you what to do inorder to format. http://www.llamma.com/xbox/reformatting_the_hard_drive.htm
    I hope this helps you!!!!!!!