1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slayer Evox 2.5 boot Help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by CFRaver, Sep 10, 2004.

1. CFRaver

CFRaver Member

Hello everyone! I need a little help with slayers evox 2.5.

I have a modded xbox with a matrix mod chip 40gbHD and slayers 2.5 dashboard. I have not backed up the harddrive as i bought it off a m8. one day the slayers dashboard failed to load.
    It will only load in M$ dashboard and will still play copyed games?

I have tried to reformat and reinstall slayers 2.5 but when i rebooted, it booted back to M$ dashboard, but this time in back and white.

I have checked and cleaned the chip and it works fine. even the light is displayed.

I anm pritty much a newbie when it comes to x-box so any help would be very helpfull.

2. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

possibly you evox ini has been changed and telling it to boot to m$ can you still ftp

3. CFRaver

CFRaver Member

I have rebuild the xbox using slayers 2.5, hoping this would boot back into evox. this still don't boot to evox, only M$ dash.

I have tryed to ftp but having problems connecting useing slayers evox, as you are unable to change the IP address.

i have also reset the matrix chip, and is working fine and i know the bios is working fine because i am still able to play all copyed games.

I think i need to rename one of the files that is booting it to M$ dash. i need some help on how to do this please.

""help to ftp using slayers 2.5""and help to rename boot files""

thanks everyone and sorry but i am a total newbie to xbox stuff and trying to learn as much as i can.

4. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

with slayers you DONT need to change the IP

to network in is if your using a router is "should" automatically asign to your xbox, if your using either a hub or a crossover is to set your pc's network card's IP number to 192.168.1.1 (DEFAULT GATEWAY)
    then to ftp in with the IP of 192.168.1.200 (XBOX IP)

You should then be ableto ftp in and see if the system files are in C: and interrogate the evox.ini

That should get you into your xbox, as you state that the xbox is able to boot an installer disc that would point to the fact your chip is able to boot to default.xbe.(DVD disc)

you state that "its still playing backups" well with the chip in and booting it should but that wont ness mean that the dash will boot.

But you also need to check your chip's bios is booting to evoxdash.xbe also ! as if its not then the chip will not be looking for evox and the xbox will then automatically attempt to boot to xboxdash.xbe

If this is so you "should" be able to boot the installer disc and (chip dependant) flash its bios from the installer.

I hope this helps

Regards

5. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

do you still have a evoxdash xbe in c on your xbox it sound like it came up missing or is corrupt this one is the (XBox Executable) file for evox dash
    you should have xboxdash xbe also we know that one is there! that one is the executable(xbe) for m$ dash

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]don't kick'm , hit'm

>>>>>>USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE YOU ASK<<<<<<<<

intel d875,p4-2600,dvd+/-,dvd rom,geforce5700ultra,
    max120music,wd120movies,wd160xboxgames,wd40opsystem.
    **xbox1,tsopflash,max120 **xbox2,tsopflash,max160[/small]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  6. CFRaver

CFRaver Member

Good day ppl, sorry i'm still unable to ftp my pc to xbox using the above help. i'm using a cross over cable to ftp. i've done this many of time before so im not a noob.

so i am still unable to use evox dashboard, but still playing backups.

the last dashboard used on this xbox was slayers evox 2.0. i've been using 2.5 does this matter!

i've also had the chip tested and its all ok. (matrix)no wires.

i'm might get a new chip and xbox and start again as its doing my head in. unless i get some help.

thanks for your help ppl........cardiffraver_gfx