1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slayers Evox Auto Installer : Good and Bad Points

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Kenner, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Kenner

Kenner Member

For now, I'm taking a rest from trying to FTP into the Box. I just installed Slayers Evox Auto Installer to the orginal HD and it
    loaded successfully.
    First I uploaded a couple of backup DVD games and the Snes emulator with roms. The Snes games work great but the backups do not.

I then deleted what I had just added and tried again with an original Xbox game (DOA Volleyball). This game did work so now I know that I will never again purchase a backup DVD game for $12 and instead, just rent original games locally for $5 which includes the instructions.

Next, I put an original DVD into the tray and the movie played wonderfully. The only thing missing is a fast-forward.

Unfortunatly, media files such as MP3's,DivX and pics must still be added with FTP and will not load from a cd-r.

Slayers Auto Installer does not eleviate the need to FTP because we still need to use it to add media files,backup games and to prepare a larger,120G harddrive neccessary to be able to save original DVD games.

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

what is so bad about ftping to your xbox?? 1 game takes like 8 minutes.. and its easy as hell. start it and go away. when you come back it is done.

3. Dank

Dank Regular member

and if you use slayers and you upgrade the HD which it has an option that makes it idiot proof you can just put the original in the drive and it will copy it straight to the HD.. there is nothing wrong with slayers.. it makes the process way easier by ibstalling all the apps for you.

4. Kenner

Kenner Member

If I were able to get the FTP working, I'd be using it all the time. I still can't get the Box to detect the TYPE of connection and the IP is still 0.0.0.0 I will be able to borrow a hub over the weekend and hopefully I will get this figured out, as others have. If someone writes a book "XBox FTP for dummies", I'll be first in line :)

OK so I don't need to FTP to configure a new 120G hd? Cool, looks like I'm going to be spending more money over the weekend :)

5. ridah100

ridah100 Member

if you want to connect your xbox directly to your pc, you will need to get a cross-over cable and not a regular ethernet cable.

6. Dank

Dank Regular member

from your evox dashboard you can put in an original and copy it straight to the HD.. it is an application installed with slayers. can't remember the name right off hand.. xhdd loader i think but not sure.. it was a long night ;)
    Cheers