1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slayers help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shady78, Mar 2, 2005.

1. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok i downloaded it but its a torrent file what program do i need to open torrent files

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Were you burning the ISO file as a image burn or data burn? I think it should be an image burn.

3. shady78

shady78 Regular member

burning as image

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

5. shady78

shady78 Regular member

6. shady78

shady78 Regular member

what kind of cds did everybody else burn slayers to i think my problem isent in my slayers file i think its in the cds im using because i have now tried 5 or 6 different slayers ISO files and none of them will work it says xbox wont recognize disc i have tried using a cheap ass brand cd-r i have tried sony and memorex cd-rw i have also tried memorex dvd+r which by the way the xbox plays every dvd movie i have on dvd+r disc but will not read slayers on same kind of disc it reads my sony cd-rw disk if i put songs on them but not if i put slayers on them its just weird

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It's complete. I have it on my hdd and it's about that same size.

Can your dvd burner burn DVD-R? If so, try that. I don't see why it won't read though. Download Craxtion and open the .iso and see if it has a default.xbe in it.

8. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok downloaded craxtion and opened iso this is what i get

evox .ini
    default.xbe
    bios.bin
    disk.bin
    linuxbio.bin
    installer originally created by slayer.txt
    xecuter.bin

is this whats supposed to be in there

9. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Dude, it sounds like you don't have a hacked bios installed. What bios do you have? ( if any)

[​IMG]

10. shady78

shady78 Regular member

nope just the cromewell bios that come with it i got the m8 bios from xbins how do i flash the chip without slayers

11. ozy

ozy Regular member

I tried both links and they work fine. You may have a problem with your internet browser.

12. ozy

ozy Regular member

I tried both links and they work fine. You may have a problem with your internet browser.

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You have all the right files. It must be your burner or your media. Did you try DVD-R?

14. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You definetly need to have the hacked bios flashed to use slayers. Make sure you have the right one depending on your xbox version. If you know how to use xbins they are all there. Check out this link for making a bios disc, and flashing.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=14|#14

15. shady78

shady78 Regular member

alright people im confused ok so i need hacked bios (got it) evolution x dashboard got it can i ftp these to my xbox to flash my chip and put evox dashboard on my computer cause all these disc dont seem to be working i followed link in llongtheD's post directly above me to making bios boot cd and the xbox wont read it either i tried using 3 different kinds a discs and it still wont work so if i can ftp in even though i dont have a bios or dash on the xbox yet and do it that way will somebody plz tell me

16. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

I suggest using a dvd-r, or +r depending on what kind of drive you have. Put a 1 megabite dummy file on the disc as well as the bios, burn it with nero as an ISO, and make sure you finalize the disc. The critical thing is to make sure you rename the bios file to bios.bin or I don't think your xenium OS will find it. Team xodus has some great tuts on their site as well. http://www.teamxodus.com/

17. shady78

shady78 Regular member

man i have burnt it to a dvd+r Dvd-r and a cd-rw the xbox is not recoginizing any disks i used nero 6 and burnt it as an iso file made sure the disk was finalized and everything im so stumped all i know to do is keep buying different kinds of disk till i find one this bitch likes however it does play all my dvd backups on dvd+r

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The auto installer doesn't need a hacked bios because it's automatically in there. I don't know what that guy was talking about.

I would replace the drive with another Samsung. I really don't see why it isn't reading your discs.

19. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Good luck on trying to load slayers from the cromwell bios quadratic, because thats the only bios that he has flashed on his chip. He just hasn't followed the steps correctly to make a bios disc. Did you remember to rename your bios file to bios.bin?

20. shady78

shady78 Regular member

i renamed it and add 1mb dummy file still the xbox says doesent recognize disc i have used
    nero 6, dvd dycrpter, and alcahol 120 % and the disks i have used are cd-r, cd-rw(2 different brands),memorex dvd+r, and maxell dvd-r and in all programs i burn as image and make sure its finalized and everything is this guide correct for the xenium ice chip cause this is what ive been using to make my cd

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene/tutorials/Creating_Bios_CD.pdf