1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slayers....whats the point???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by lcarbutt, Feb 27, 2004.

1. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

can somebody tell me why the hell so many people use slayers. Its a huge file completly full of outdated programs, its not hard to ftp a dash to your xbox,as long as u can set up the ip, somebody please clear this up for me im confused.

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

Slayers is a great program for the average xbox modder. It is loaded with all current apps from what I see so im not too sure why you say its outdated. Lots of programs that give so many people hard time setting up are installed and configured for you. The version Slayers 2.5 comes with dvd2xbox .49 as well as XBMP, lots of people have had hard time setting these up. It formats new drives for upgrades in a snap which can be a nightmare for people, and sets everything up for you hassle free. You are right, it isnt that hard to ftp a dash over and upgrade it but that is such a very small part of this whole program. There has been so much work put into this program to make modding available to people with little or no computer knowledge. If everyone is using it then I say that speaks for itself and I would say that you are a minority.

3. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

This question is kinda like asking why people use GUI's and not just useing command line..

Sure Command Line will get the job done, and it isnt that hard if you know what your doing, but itns it easier to just use a GUI?

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

its tooooooooo large,it takes ages to download i hate it ,go to hell slayers, goooooo tooo hellllllll.

5. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Never thought to subscribing to High Speed Internet? I can assure you that it's way fast at 480k/sec

6. LostNeMo

LostNeMo Guest

who would try to download that big of a file on dial up anyway? I hope that isnt all that is stoping you.

7. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

it does all i need for that black box
    i for one simply luv it
    thank you slayers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]don't kick'm ,
    hit'm[/small]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  8. alas

alas Member

slayer's made me jump from being an ultra noob to, well, a plain noob. i, for one, love this prog as it gives people a chance to greatly increase their learning curve. the only problem i see is that some people don't bother to move on (like learning to ftp and upgrading the apps) after they install it. lastly, i agree that not having high speed internet would cause you to shy away from this.

9. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

the file size just does not add up. Evox dvdx and the latest media centre for the x box does not even add up to 6 mb, but slayers program is over a 100 mb!!!.
    Fine they also have to fit the install part of it in, but its still just to darn big, i mean 6mb for the programs that are goin on to it, and 94 mb for the install, FOR GOD SAKE JUST FTP.

10. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Hey im a junior member now :), will have to change my signature.

11. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

The point of slayers: it comes in ISO form, and has on screen instructions. It was made for people who do not know what they are doing.

12. Scot

Scot Regular member

Here is a read for you if you really want to why so many people use Slayers Setup programs and what they have to say about it.

57,000 + views alone on this one thread, and almost 900 reply posts. I havent seen a thread anywhere else get that kind or a following.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=117478&hl=slayers

13. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

u smell

14. bigcat

bigcat Guest

Well all I can I have done a lot of mods and I still
    use slayers 2.5 . I lov it it's almost having your own tech team putting all the stuff on for ya . I check
    every week to see if there is an up grade to see if
    new stuff has been added . To the noobies out there
    use slayers the best deal around .

15. Snoosy

Snoosy Member

I've been trying to get Slayer's for so long now, but I can't connect to the server to get it. I wish it was on an FTP or somewhere else where I could get it. The way my campus internet is, mIRC doesn't work too well.

*wink wink*

16. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

frigit
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]don't kick'm ,
    hit'm[/small]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004