1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sleak_six post here

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PeaInAPod, Jul 5, 2007.

1. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

To keep things organized you post your questions here and not in the other thread. easier for me and the other guy.

2. sleak_six

sleak_six Guest

@PeaInAPod

sorry i'm just a newbie here.

my psp is version 2.60. is it okay to use 3.03 OE-C Easy Installer to get 3.03 oe-c from 2.60? thanks!!

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Don' worry about it :) Okay to begin with
    upgrade to any newer firmware unless I say so, this will ensure that you will be able to downgrade and then upgrade to a custom firmware. To begin with I need to know what motherboard you have. Use this picture to tell me...
    [​IMG]

I just need to know if you see a IC1003 were the picture is pointing it out. Knowing this I can give make you a proper downgrading guide.

4. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

ok i have a 2.71 psp with a ta-082 and if u could help me get a OE firmware on it that would be great

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I'll post back tomorrow (June 10) with a walkthrough :)

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay to downgrade a 2.71 Ta-81 your going to need some files...

TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files
    1.50 Update

Downgrading:

**NOTE** For this entire process you need to have at least 75% battery power and have your charger plugged in the whole time.
    1)First, copy all the files from the TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files folder to the root of your memorystick. **Note** the root of your memory stick is here...
    [​IMG]

**Disregard were it says do not put files in these folders you can I just made this pic for a different thread and thats why it says that. Just pay attention to what I labeled as "Root"

2)Now go from the root of your memorystick go to the PSP folder, then to the Game folder, and then create a folder named UPDATE if one isn't already there.

3)Take the 1.50 update you downloaded and rename it from EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP take the UPDATE.PBP file and put it in the UPDATE folder you just created.

4)Now exit to your PSP and run HEN D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN D folder. The screen should flash and the XMB/PSP should reboot.

5)After it reboots go to Settings, System Settings, and make sure that for firmware version it says it is 2.71 HEN-D.

6)Go to the GAME menu and and run 1.50enabler.

7)The 1.5 enabler should say something like "1.5 will not work on your PSP,press X to alter keys "
    If that is the case, hit X to alter the keys. It should then say 1.5 can be installed or something to that extent. Do not continue unless it says you can do install firmware 1.5

8)When the program exits back to the XMB go the the memorystick under the Game menu and run UPDATE X.YZ

9)When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

10)When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen with a bunch of text in different languages telling you you have corrupt settings and to hit "O" to reset, Press O.

11)Congradulations your now at firmware 1.5 :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  7. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

ok i did all that and every thing happened liek u sed blue screen and all but now what do i do

8. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

got it i now have 3.03 oe c should i keep that or try to get 3.40 oe or 3.30 oe cause find of get them to work i used the ez in stall of 3.03 oe c

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I would go with 3.40 OE-A because it is the latest. And there are no real problems with it. Customizing the XMB is still just as easy as 3.03 OE-C, you get better PS1 game support,etc. Heres a link to a 3.40 OE-A Easy Installer

10. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  11. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

it keeps telling me "the game could not be started" when i try to do the 3.40eo ez installer but keep in mind that i already have the 3.03 oe c installed on my psp it also says the same thing when i try to run dehook

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

first format you memory stick, then rerun the easy installer. Also make sure you have your PSP set to "Use No-UMD" mode with a 1.5 kernel. All this can be set through the configuration menu.

13. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

o ok i get it i didn't know about the pressing r when u start it is there ne thing elce i should know like the R thing
    o and thank u alot by the way

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Not really besides the "R" button/Recovery Menu there aren't many other hidden features within 3.40 OE-A. So yeah thats about it, any other questions let me know.

15. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

well u helped me so much my friend wants to know if u could help him downgrade/upgrade his 3.40(its not a ta-082) to 3.40 oe. now i know u have to get lemmings or somthing but other then that i am out of info

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I would be glad to help. And yes you will need a copy of Lumines. Either the original Lumines, Lumines Platinum, or Lumines Greatest Hits. Lumines Two/II will not work. Once you get your hands on a copy of Lumines let me know and I'll help you out.

17. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

we got lumines the original one

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The guide is below, it works with all motherboards, and will walk you through the process of downgrading to firmware 1.5. Also don't pay any attention to were it says "Don't Put Files in these folders". I made this pic for a different guide. If the downgrader says put the files in one of those folders then do it:)

For the entire duration of this guide have your PSP plugged in and at least at 80% battery life.

Files needed to downgrade:
    3.50 Downgrading Files
    Firmware 1.5 EBOOT

1) Format your memory-stick. After it has been formatted go into USB mode.

2) Unzip the 3.50 Downgrade files (350dg.zip). Copy the folder named PSP into the root of your memorystick.
    Don't know what the root of your memory stick is? Check out the pic below...
    [​IMG]

3) Extract the firmware 1.5 eboot. Rename the file to UPDATE.PBP and copy it into the UPDATE folder within the GAME folder that is within the PSP folder. If needed create a folder called UPDATE.
    Make sure not to overwrite the file named EBOOT.PBP

4) Now exit USB mode. Insert the Lumines UMD into your PSP's UMD drive. Load the game. When the game gets to the start screen press "start".

5) A "loading save game" screen should appear momentarily,the screen will then clear itself and should be filled with a light blue color. At this step the PSP should reset itself and be back at the XMB.

6)The last processed was suppose to haev initiated HEN. To make sure HEN is running go to System Settings and then System Information and ensure that the firmware reads as being at 3.50 HEN.

7) Assuming that it is showing up as 3.50 HEN you can now go to the game menu and run UPDATE X.YZ

8)Before the Downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is about to do. Hit either X to agree or the R trigger to exit.

9)Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not remove the battery plug or unplug the PSP.

10)Once finished the PSP will ask you to "press X to resest", after pressing it should reset itself. (If it don't reset press O instead)

11)If a blue screen (BSOD) comes up saying that the settings are corrupt press X or O to continue. Then press either X or O.

12) Congrats your now at homebrew capable firmware 1.5!

Now I also assume you want to upgrade to the latest OE firmware. This process is incredibly simple. First format your memory card. Now put your PSP in USB mode. Then run the 3.40 OE-A Easy Installer.. Now exit from USB mode. Go to the game menu and run the 3.40 OE-A Updater.(It may not be named that exactly but it should be close). Press X to agree... When it's done you will be at custom firmware 3.40 OE-A!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  19. wlkofdoom

wlkofdoom Member

ok here is what is happening when i get to step #5 i press start and it goes right in to a red screen and then turns off after a min. it does not restart or take me to a load save game screen and i have tryed it like 5 times and when i go to system it still says i have 3.40 what am i missing i am prity shore i did every step right but u know

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

lol, i just assumed you knew this. but you have to be at firmware 3.50 for this to work, not 3.51 or 3.52 but 3.50. Heres a link to the updater for 3.50.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1164

First format your memory card. Now take the file you just downloaded and rename the file to UPDATE.PBP Now initiate a USB connection and create a folder called UPDATE withing the GAME folder (GAME folder is in the PSP folder). Put the file named UPDATE.PBP in the UPDATE folder. Go to the game menu and there should be a 3.50 Update. If this says anything but 3.50 then do not run the upgrade. Make sure that it is a firmware 3.50 update, as upgrading to anything higher will render your PSP un-downgradable. After upgrading to 3.50 follow the guide again and you should downgrade.