1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slide card and SMD v3 issues.....

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by pstat2er, Jun 4, 2004.

1. pstat2er

pstat2er Member

Hello All,

I've been looking through threads and have seen a lot for SMD and slide cards, but it's all too much for me! I have a V4 ps2 and decided (reluctantly) to get my SC and SMD v3. actually got them this week. I've gone to swapmagicfix.com, d/l the cdloader, and followed all instructions (i'm only trying to load cdr's right now, just to get SOMETHING to work). Is there a set of specific steps that will work for v4? (example: after SWD appears on screen, do I press x or square for "custom boot", what about video modes?, do I need a specific version of cdloader to work universally?) i just wanna play.

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Well since you have a version 4 ps2 you will need the cdloade V1-6.
    To play your cd-r backups just follow these instructions:
    1. Boot swap magic cd
    2. once loaded swap the swap magic cd with your cd-r backup using the slide-card
    3. Press x and you will get either a red or blue border. Red means a bad burn and it won't load. A blue border means a good burn and it will load

3. pstat2er

pstat2er Member

is there a specific burn program I need to use? Can I just stick a cd (not ready to deal with dvd yet)game into my cd-burner, or do I need to use cdrwin? and alcohol 120% for cdloader? I'm new to modding, but I'm determined.

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  5. almix12

almix12 Member

those are all good, but dvd decrypter is the best i think, most user friendly, or this site tells u all about how to use it. just search