1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide card bad for PS2 console?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Bezebees, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Bezebees

Bezebees Guest

Hi there!

Does anyone know if the use of a slide card can cause damage to your console? (because when sliding, you need to manually open the tray which feels a little like forcing the tray?)

Greetz, Beze

2. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

Well I just started to use a slide card on a new playstation , and I think the main thing to do is to make sure the disc has stopped spinning before sliding the card other wise it seems ok.....

3. mynewname

mynewname Member

You defiantly need to be careful. I've broke 2 PS2s using my slide card. If you slide the card over too far the white slide bar inside the CDROM will be unreachable. The you have to open up the PS2 and open the CDROM to slide it back and thats how i ruined 2 PS2s. Luckily I was able to take different parts and boards fromt he 2 broken PS2s to creat a frankenstein pS2 that works. Its not pretty and my power & eject buttn are just a ribbon sticking outside the box but it works. So I usually just slide the card enough so that the door opens a little or can be opened manually. BE CAREFUL

4. Bezebees

Bezebees Guest

Thx!
    So it the manually pulling open of the tray doest harm the console (eg, the motor of the tray wont break...?)

5. mynewname

mynewname Member

NO IT SHOULD BE FINE. THE MOTOR DOESN'T MOVE UNLESS YOU HIT EJECT SO IT WON'T BE EFFECTED.

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

just make sure you are carefull when using the slide card, make sure you don't damage the white pin or the track on the underside of the disc tray, as for pulling out your tray by hand it's really the same as using a paper clip to open your pc cd drive using the little hole on the front, except; unfortunately sony weren't kind enough to provide us with a disc rescue hole lol

7. dud0r

dud0r Member

i damaged the underside of my tray by using a knife instead of the slide card, no there's a piece of paperclip in there (Y)