1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide Card Combo 3.6

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ramonesf2, May 2, 2007.

1. ramonesf2

ramonesf2 Member

I am looking in to buying the Slide Card Combo 3.6. I am just wondering how you use it. I know there is no soldering required so how does it work? Please respond. Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

slidecards are about the cheapest way to mod your PS2. What they do is go under the DVD drive and hook onto a pin that locks the drive drawer in place so that you can manually pull it out, swap out the swap magic for your back up game, push it back in then relock the drive pin into the original position.

Personally i do not like them as i think the process over time has more chances to ruin your drive then any other method. Flip top cases are a better option if you can get one that is made correctly and works the way it should.

3. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

ok sorry for the person who gave the answer but lets go a little more in depth.

for fat ps2 only you put in swap magic cd, let it load, choose to start game. you put slide card under dvd tray, you move the little white pin all the way to the right as far as it goes without forcing it because it will break easily, you manually open the try without pressing eject button, you take out the swap magic cd, you put in backup, you manually put in the tray without pressing eject button, you slide the pin to its original position on the left, and sometimes you have to take the tray after being locked into place and try to pull it out about 1 mm and push it back in.

the white pin is the thing in the disc tray that, when opening the tray using eject button, moves the spinning thingy and the lens down so the tray can open all the way. when you move the pin with the slide card you move the laser and such down so the tray can open with fingers. and you want to put the pin back or the laser cant read and the spinny thing cant pick up your cd and spin it

sorry for the messed up text hope you understand though. maybe i should just stop typing right now... but im still typeing wh- *stops typing abruptly

4. steimy

steimy Active member