1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide Card for PS2 V7

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dhiggs007, Sep 24, 2003.

1. dhiggs007

dhiggs007 Guest

After reading these posts for what seems like ages, I thought it was time to put down by experiences as there seems far too much negative vibes around.

I have a V7 PS2 and I use the Slide card along with Swap Magic2.

I own a Pioneer 104/A04 burner, which I purchased of Ebay for £80. It is running the latest firmware update

I use 1x or 2x Ritek or Optodisk media, again purchased from Ebay.

I use Recordnow Max.

So far I have only had 1 coaster, and I have now established it failed becuase the original CD was heavily scratched.

My successful back-ups are:

The Sims
    Themeparkworld
    Gran Turismo 3
    Pacman World 2
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    Midnight Club 2
    Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit
    Conflict Desert Storm 2
    Amplitude

Games that work with CDLoader 7 Beta

Soul Calibur 2
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2

So after all that I just want to prove that the slide card works fine, and you can back-up games as long as you have good media and burn at a low speed.

Patience......

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2003
  2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

there's some threads on here about the cdloader V7 beta 3. I just think it's a hastle to have to swap with the slide card. Maybe I'm just lazy??? who knows

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Yup, the slide/swipe card is alot of bother. I mean it does the job, but it's just so damn time wasting.

I dumped my DIY swipe card for my DIY fliptop :)

still have to do the swapping, but it's much easier, and you don't have to fiddle about moving the pin or anything.

i guess my next move would be a non swap mod chip, but that's not till i get pissed off with swapping discs, ha ha.

but, yeah, the swipe card DOES WORK, so long as you have a REAL swap disc

4. aucrun

aucrun Guest

I just recently heard about SLIDE CARD, and there is one question I need do get answered, before I buy it .... or not ....

- When I try to make an Backup and start recording it to an empty CD, do I need any kind of especific file to include in the CD, or something ??

5. dhiggs007

dhiggs007 Guest

Are you intending to make an exact back-up or will you make a rip. If it is an exact match then no, if it is a rip then I am afraid In do not know.

In order for the slide card to work, you need the Swap Magic discs, that should come with the slide card. These help with the boot that cannot be copied to the back-up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2003