1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slide card for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by geeunit19, Mar 25, 2005.

1. geeunit19

geeunit19 Member

i have 2 playstation the slim ps2 and the old ones
    i bought a slide card and swap magic disc vol. 3.3 for my old ps2 and i need help with it
    i dont know how to use the slide card
    can anyone help me with a step by step instructions?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i am sure someone can help you. I have a flip top myself. I know that you have to slide it in on the right side of the disc tray and move something. You may even have to remove the small little strip, with the PS2 logo on it, that is on the front of the disc tray.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. geeunit19

geeunit19 Member

can anyone help me

4. DataDrain

DataDrain Member

http://www.modchipstore.com/customer/pages.php?pageid=24

Check this out, hopefully it'll help. I had a little bit of trouible figuring out how to get the front cover removed, but what I did was use a pin from a button I had lying around, wedged it in, and then expanded it a bit and used a small screwdriver to wedge open the clip a little more to get the cover off. It's a little confusing and a bit frustrating to get off, but it's smooth sailing after that. Hope this helps!

5. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

6. geeunit19

geeunit19 Member

thanks everyone now i shall try it and thanks for helping me

7. geeunit19

geeunit19 Member

Problem: I burnt a dvd movie and works on my dvd player but when i use it in the ps2 with the slide card it says "not a valid ps2 disc" i know i did everything right
    can anyone help me?
    and
    tell me whats wrong?

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

U shouldn't have to use the swap magic to play movies. Just throw it in your ps2 and go. Take care.

9. geeunit19

geeunit19 Member

no its a burnt movie it cant play a dvd-r on the old ps2 and i burnt a good ps2 game and i tried it, it said that its is not a valid ps2 disc

10. geeunit19

geeunit19 Member

does anyone know whats the problem?

11. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

yeah go to the second link (the swap magic one) and watch the slide card demo video.notice after he pushes the tray back in that he locks it back into place.starting at the right hand side of the tray he hooks the slide bar that is under the tray and swipes it back all the way to the left.i suspect this to be the problem,you not locking the game back into place properly.had the same problem myself.

12. ali4real

ali4real Guest

i heard that if i dont have swap magic i shouldnt use the slide card?
    Is that true?
    I need to install exploit to my memory card so, can i just do it this once?
    So, should i go ahead and use slide card without swap magic?
    I could put in cousins modchipped ps2 but he lives far away and i want to start uploading games this week.

13. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

i dont know how an exploit works,but what swap magic does is stop the disc reading so you have an oppurtunity to swap disc.an original game disc will continue reading disc after it acknowledges it as a ps2.swap magic will stop reading after it is identified as a ps2 letting you open the tray.if you tell me exactly how the exploit works i can tell you if a slide card will work.

14. ali4real

ali4real Guest

15. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

well,imagine trying to open a trey while the disc is still spinning.im pretty sure something bad is gonna happen.

16. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

the exploits you are talking about require action replay or codebreaker,anyway.so regardless of which way you want to do it,youre gonna have to buy a program anyway.alot of people go with swap magicmyou can get s/w and slide tool for about $30.the other ways are more complicated and more expensive and im pretty sure they need a hard drive.

and no the slide tool wont work with a mem card exploit.those exploits work with hard drives not disk swapping.