1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slide-card / knife trick damage??? how???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cmp333, Jul 7, 2003.

1. cmp333

cmp333 Member

i have read through almost every post on these forums and have not found one single post of evidence of how a slide-card or knife / cog trick can damage a ps2. it's always "i've heard" or "i've read" or just someone typing BS.

my question is physically how can it damage the ps2? the slide card does nothing that the ps2 doesn't do when u press the eject button, the gear still moves along it's track (just as it does with a slide-card) and back to it's original position. if ANYONE has ever EXPERIENCED any damage to their ps2, none of this "i've heard", "i've read", "my friend", "my cousins friend", etc. please post your experience here so those that use the slide-card or knife trick (like myself) can be aware of it.

if the slide-card / knife trick can damage a ps2 at least one person on this forum would have to have a personal experience with physical damage. please post!!! i'm curious as to actually what damage can be done to a ps2 using the slide-card / knife trick.

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

it is probably is if you pull your cd tray too fast it messes up the cd tray motor. but slide/knife trick from what i heard from a few posts other says it works fine.

3. simis69

simis69 Member

i used the knife cog swap method, i did it for a year with the game shark, it seems the track got a little wore out and would pop out the pin, i would say that this was from the the swap method, as i had been doing it for a year.
    one time my son tried to do the swap when i wasn't there and he knocked the ribbon to the dvd drive off and i put it back on,if i wouldn't have noticed then i would have thought that it was broken!!!
    now i have a chip but i gave my sister the gameshark and made her a swap card and i think that it would be alright if she gentle and doesn't try to open it fast!!!!
    because you are putting opposite forces on it the what wasn't intended, ie. forcing the cog to move by pushing on it. on a place it was never meant to be pushed at... so in time i could see it failing as mine was with the cog popping out.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2003
  4. Shindou

Shindou Member

The swipe card/knife trick is pretty safe to use. It just not idiot proof is all. All the "Ive read" "Ive heard" is just that all rumors. Youll be hard press to find anyone that will post that they fuk up their ps2 using the swipe card/knife trick. Why? For the same reason it would be hard to find someone who will post that they fuk up there ps2 fliptop installation. It like admitting your an idiot. Nothing is 100% idiot proof you be amaze at what people can screw up. I have use both methods without any problems I prefer the fliptop cuz it just easier once it installed not to mention it doesnt leave your ps2 open to dust. What the big deal? Spend the extra 20 to 30 dollars and get the fliptop. Dont give me the excuse that 20 to 30 dollars is too much for ya cuz what do you plan on using it for? To play backup copies of your ps2 games/imports of course, in which case that 20 to 30 dollars for the fliptop pales in comparison to the amount you would have to spend to get the dvd burner, the blank dvd media to write it to, not to mention the game itself you plan on backing up.

5. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

Well said Shindou.
    Let me know if u don't've $30 bucks to spare .