1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide card - makeable ??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cumbug, Mar 13, 2004.

1. cumbug

cumbug Member

Hi, I brought a flip top cover, but ive had an absolute nightmare getting it to work without major stress, the disks keep spinning out and the lid doest close properly, I have refitted it loads of times but no joy.

The only way it works sometimes is if I apply pressure while the it loads, not something I want to keep doing.

Anyway, I replaced the normal ps2 cover and last ditch I wanna try and make my own slide card, and wondered if it was possible, could someone tell me what basically has to happen to make the tray come out easily (what needs to be released) and where I need to pull.

Could a piece of string or wire do it ?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

after taking the cover off of the drive take a butter knife or a plastic knife and look for a white piece under the tray and move that when you need the tray to pop open. This is also known as the "knife trick" or "knife swap", if what I said doesn't make sense just search for those terms on the net.

3. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

bottom of the first thread, simply take a credit card and make a replicate of the card, i would however reccomend you make the <b>tab at the top right a tad bit bigger</b>, as for a newbie it will ease grabbing onto the tab

tips for you: insert the slidecard 2cm from the left(just pop off your ps2's disc tray's cover if you haven't already).
    move the slide card all the way to the right and pull the tray out
    replace the SM disc with the copied game and DO NOT shut the tray fully
    do the slide from the left to the right again and when the card is right behind the pullable disc tray tab, push the tray in while holding the card in the same position
    slide all the way to the left and press X :)

www.swapmagicfix.com

For all games and instructions that do not automatically run on SM discs

4. gfish

gfish Guest

u can make them i think they have a thing to cut around on mega games but if they dont dont hold this against me if they dont

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I did this months ago. The template to do it is in my tutorial. Use the link in my signature below.

6. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

as i said oner :p !

7. cumbug

cumbug Member

Success, it took a few tweaks to get the shape right to move it all the way right without catching that big piece of plastic, but works a treat now, much easier than that flip top bollecks.

thank you

8. cumbug

cumbug Member

btw, if anyone else finds it hard to find a decent material to use, I cut up a dvd case back, really flexible and tough at the same time.

9. Oner

zetsui - DOH! lol. Thanx!

10. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

11. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Again, if you simply take a few measurements and neatly cut a rectangle in the top of your stock lid you can make your own fliptop! You dont need the fliptop lid, you dont need the slide card ALL you need do is use uc case and mark out what you need to cut and neatly take a sharp exacto knife and trace out the area you want to cut. Its also just easy to look at the front of your PS2 and trace lines from the sides of the cd opening across the top to within 3/8 inch of the top back of the unit. dont try to saw your way through the top just keep tracing your pattern, pushing a little harder each time and in about a minute you will have a custom fliptop and all you need do is place the stabilizer on yourself! Also you will need to take the top od the cd housing off and I used little snips of plastic to use as a place to rest the top when its on, and a piece of electrical tape as a hindge. Old school yes but it only cost 3.00 to do it and five minutes of my time and my ps2 looks the same. does anyone know what Occam's Razor is!!!

12. mklboi

mklboi Member

can someone give me another slide card template the one in oner's tutorial doesnt work.

13. pudge

pudge Regular member

i have made my own slide card and it works i just used the one from oners thread but this is wut u have to fix on it:
    u no where the area where it says 1/8" wide all you have to do is cut it about 2cm deeper than it already is sorry i dont no what that is in inches

14. MrTKusa

MrTKusa Member

Can you draw me a picture or explain the area that needs to be 2 cm better so that I can understand it. I am unclear as to where you mean. thank you.

15. pudge

pudge Regular member

i dont no how to post the picture
    but i will try
    [​IMG]

sorry i dont no how

Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  16. MrTKusa

MrTKusa Member

Thank you for trying

17. mklboi

mklboi Member

can you try emailing the template to to mkl@orcon.net.nz then? thanks alot!

18. MrTKusa

MrTKusa Member

and to MrTKusa@hotmail.com
    thanks

19. dinamite

dinamite Guest

Not worth making ona as I have found a site that supplies tem for rock bottom price !!!!
    Go to www.slidecardkit.co.uk

20. Oner

Yeah I figured otu that some of the newer versions have a little trouble trying to use my diagram. You'll have to tailor it to your version once you make the card with my diagram. When you have it made using my instructions and you see how it is used it will be easy to make a judgement call to make it work for your PS2.

Here is the diagram

[​IMG]

Here is my tutorial. People you have to start to read/search a bit better...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105