1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide card or Flip top for PS2 version SCPH-39000RC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fredsdead, Dec 21, 2004.

1. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

Hi again, You guys have been great helping me sort out a little issue I'm having, and need to turn to you again. My console (version SCPH-39000RC), a Japanese PS2, appears to be a Japanese only release of the console. Now, originally I was going to buy the flip-top/swap disc 3.3 set, but as annoying as these things are - the flip-top set according to www.consolesource.com doesn't support version 8 consoles (that according to www.mod-chip.com is the PS2 version I have) - though they don't actually mention version 8 consoles on the www.consolesource.com site. However, the slide card set supposedly does all version PS2's (according to mod-chip.com). Can anyone give me any advice on this - are the slide card sets as good as the flip-top sets? Am I destined to never sort this out!?!?!?!?! If anyone has ANY advice, please post!

2. orvil01

orvil01 Guest

the slide card would work or you could just try a fliptop and possibly modify it to work with your system. theres two different versions 4-7 and 9-10 id try the 4-7 and if it doesnt work sell it or something, and you could just make your own slide card out of an old credit card or something.. the slide card isnt too bad annyoying at first but you get used to it.