1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide Card Region Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fuzzy_C, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

hey, i'm gonna buy a slide card cause i got a magic v3.2 and i've already broken 2 consoles trying to install the thing, they charge a pretty big price for a chunk of plastic on most sites i've been too, i found one for alot less on ebay, but it's german, will the discs work with my console? and if not is there anyway to use the slide card with like action replay or gameshark, cause i've got both, the auction on ebay's only going to cost me $10 and the slide card from a site is going to cost me $50, so it's a big price difference. any help would be great :)

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

there are 3 versions of swapmagic disc, ntsc usa, ntsc jap and pal the region of the swap magic disc must match the region of the console e.g. if your console is ntsc/j then you would need to use the ntsc jap swap magic discs, also if you have a v9/10 ps2 console you need to get the swapmagic v3.2 cd as the earlier versions of swapmagic cd wont work on the new consoles

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Why buy when you can make one! Check out the link for my tutorial below in my signature for a BASIC diagram on how to make one. I felt the same way about the price of it so I made one by eyeballing one at a site and making some test fits and it worked out fine.

4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

thanks alot man, i made a prototype out of a cd case to understand the workings of the slide card in the dvd drive then made a final metal version that works perfect, i can boot cd-r games through my gameshark, will tis work with dvd games too, i don't have any dvd backups yet to test.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004