1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide-card success rate

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AtomR, Oct 30, 2003.

1. AtomR

AtomR Member

Hi,
    I just bought a slide card and am not very happy with its performance. So far all I've been able to play was a backup of Metal Gear solid on dvd, and an original NTSC Kingdom hearts. Anything else doesn't play.
    So what I would like to know is, what is the success ratio of using a slide card based on your experience?

Are there any special conditions to making backups that slide card requires from its copies?

Basically anything you can tell me that can help me take advantage of the slide card.

Thanks

2. steve225

steve225 Guest

I used a slide card with all of the problems for about two weeks before I gave up and got the fliptop. If it helps, with the slide card I always had to hit select. I know everyone says that you can hit 'x' or any other key but it would only work for me if I hit 'select'.

3. Moderator

Moderator Guest

I still have my slide card and stuff, which broke my ps2. My parents bought me a prer-chipped ps2 latest version chipped with the messaih 2 pro. I recently fixed the problem with my PS2, but it is still screwed up BAD. I suggest you be very maticulous when using the slide card, never force it! It's a pain in the ass. But, you should use DVD-r's, and CD-r's.