1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide card tool - compatible with slimline PS2s?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Dills_, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Dills_

Dills_ Member

anyone know if the slide cards are compatible with the new versions?

thanks

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No it isn't. You don't need a slide-card for the PSTwo since it is a flip-top.

3. Dills_

Dills_ Member

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Although I'm not an expert on disc swapping that appears to be the main fix, although there still seems to be unresolved issues with getting Swap Magic to work properly on it. You no-longer need the slide card since the unit is a flip-top. I don't know all of the issues allociated with Swap Magic and this model but it seems that many claim that a modchip is the only sure way to boot backups on it.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I still think a tray can be made whether how big it is,if downsized it is possible to have a tray.I would work on creating a method,not just for the swap magic discs.It is really to use the cdloaders and dvdloaders for it.If I can get a chance to mess with the system I will see if I can build a tray from it and post pics hopefully for everyone.I think all that needs to be done is reverse the method since older PS2 systems already had a tray built in and the new pstwo is built with fliptop.It would make more sense to me,but still it is not a proven statement so yeah there is no way of slidecard at the moment.It is better to have a modchip,but some mods are burning up the pstwo consoles.It might be wise to wait awhile and buy a mod later for right now until a real good laser burnout solution comes along.

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Looks like SwapMagic v3.3 is supposed to work with the Slimline.

Burna, so would you be taking the cog and such out of an old ps2 and trying to fit it into the slim? This sounds pretty difficult to me. Not only because of the space issue, but doesn't the old versions' lasers move when the tray is opened and closed?

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I am thiking about gutting out the drive from an old PS2 system drive.In the actual drive bay for the old PS2 systems it will get cut out,and the space for the tray will be used.The slot where the laser is held will be kept also so the laser does not get damaged.