1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slide tool help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by conny119, Mar 12, 2004.

1. conny119

conny119 Guest

im having problems getting my tray to come out can sum give simple guide to use it i've already taken off the fornt cover. my tool didn't come with any sort of help i've got this far reading sum treads

2. cac

cac Regular member

its right under the tray and it fits snug into the spot. here is a site that might help. try looking in the faq here . sorry i could find the site.
    ty
    cac

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

if you pry up on the tray a bit, about 2 inches over from the left you'll see a white pin, your slide card notch needs to grab that pin, then slide it to the right, when it's all the way to the right just pull outward. when you close the tray do the same thing but backwards. after closing the tray by hand, go in and grab the pin with the slide card and slide it to the left till it stops.

4. conny119

conny119 Guest

i can't see no white pin

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Did you take the front cover off of the disc tray that has the little playstation logo attached to it? If not, you will need to in order to get the slide card in properly.

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sorry, didn't see where you had already taken it off, but like darthnip said, it is in there. It should be fairly visible with the cover off.

7. conny119

conny119 Guest

i've already taken off the front cover

8. tam30over

tam30over Member

I HAD SAME PROB WITH MY SON TRYING TO DO IT WHAT HE DID WAS USED A OLD CREDIT CARD JUST CUT A STRIP OUT OF IT THEN WHEN THE DRAWER WAS CLOSED PUT IT UNDERNEITH IT ( IF YOU LOOK YOU CANT SEE ANY PIN OR ANYTHING) PUSHED IT IN ABOUT THE MIDDLE OR A LITTLE TO THE LEFT THEN SLIDE IT ALONG SLOWLY YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU `VE GOT IT IVE TRYED IT AND YOU CAN JUST FEEL IT ITS EASY ( THATS WHAT THEY CALL THE KNIFE TRICK ( IM A BIT VAGUE ON THIS BUT I THINK IVE GOT A LINK SOMEWHERE IF YOUR HAVING MORE PROBS PM ME AND I`LL TRY FIND THE LINK TO IT

9. liljoe

liljoe Guest

[/quote] the slide card sucks you need a fliptop