1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slide Tool

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MarkPS2, Apr 20, 2005.

1. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

I just got the swap magic 3.6 disks & slide tool. Im having trouble opening the tray with the slide tool, any ideas?
    I have already nearly bust the think a while ago my disk tray jammed and would not open at all :|

Thanks for any ideas.

2. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Make sure that the little retangular part that you hold on to is on the bottom. The hook should face the left of the system when you put it under the tray. Slide it in on the left hand side of the tray and you push to the right and you should feel something give a bit of resistance and then slide through. Your tray will pop out about a quarter inch and you can either grab hold of the little tab on the side or use your slide tool to pull it out a bit more. Swap out your disk and then push your tray back in most of the way. Angle your slide tool to the right and put it in the right hand side and try and hook the part you were pushing on. You will have to go a bit behind the tab on the right hand side. When you straighten the tool back it should be caught and you can drag the pin back to the left to the center position.

I know that's not the most detailed and descriptive way but I hope it helps. My biggest problem is I had the tool upside down when I started. I had a freind show me and it was a piece of cake afterwards.

3. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

Thanks alot for your reply I was holding the card upside down...silly me. I just tried to check if it works by using the DVD boot disk and then inserting a dvd origional game (not copy) but I got a message saying "Not a valid ps2 disk". Do I change the video mode also because i can choose between PAL, NTSC or Normal. I just pushed the tray back in by hand is it ok to do that? I presume it makes no difference as long as you dont press the eject button.

4. trock0002

trock0002 Member

Once you made the swap and closed the tray, did you lock it back in place with the tool?

5. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

yeah you need to make sure you lock it otherwise you do get that error message

amazing how many people make that mistake, and I was one of them!

6. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

Yea I have tried to do that but im not sure Im doing the last bit correctly as i get the invalid messeage each time. I slide the tray open put in the backup and then what do i do with the slide tool in order to shut the tray completely?
    Thanks for all the help btw :)

7. trock0002

trock0002 Member

Put it in on the right side, all the way in (sometimes putting in at an angle helps) and slide back to the left. You will actually feel it catch and lock when you slide it all the way left. Practice it, soon you will have it as I was in your shoes in the start as well.

8. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

Try this site

http://www.swapmagic3.com/slidetool.htm

I found it very useful when i first started using the slide tool. Take a look at the video, and defo read the user guide.

Hope it helps, let us know if you get any more problems with it

Good Luck!

9. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

I finally did it, im so happy :)

Just playing my Fifa Street back up. Thanks alot for helping a newbie out.

10. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

Nice one! : )

11. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Congrats. I know it was a pain when I started, now I can do it with my eyes closed.

12. trock0002

trock0002 Member

Isnt that the truth!