1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slideshow Problems

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by phuquit, Mar 22, 2005.

1. phuquit

phuquit Member

Before I start, let me just say this is probably down to my own stupidity. I find it hard to believe that the people who program Nero have not thought of this or have so little respect for their customers that they would deliberately leave this basic function out. So it is almost certainly that I can't figure out how to do it.
    How do I get more than 99 photos on a disc?
    I know that I can't have more than 99 items in the menu, but does each and every photo have to be listed on the menu? If I have photos from my birthday party and some from my anniversary, surely I can make it so the only listings on the menu are birthday and anniversary? Do I really have to have each and every photo listed as well?
    Also, I would like to add some video files to the slideshow. I mention this in anticipation of any problems I might have. I know I can add them in ordinary circumstances, but just in case I'm told to do it a different way to solve the 99 items problem, if this chages this, if you could let me know.
    Thanks

2. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

Recently I downloaded photo story 3 from Microsoft... a FREE program....I use that to do the story line clear the black boards... and zoom in and out... at the end I save it dvd compatible. they give you many choices... and then burn it with nero.. It has come out nicely... there does not seem to have a limit on photos... and you can add music of your choice to it..

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

4. Molder

Molder Regular member

phuquit,
    I don't use any Nero produce to create slideshows, but I think I know what you are talking about, I create menu items (lets call them folders) on the first 2 menu items would be, say, BIRTHDAY and a seperate menu item ANNIVERSARY, then within each menu item have matbe some sub menus (or sub folders) with say BIRTHDAY ATTENDEES and BLOWING OUT THE CANDLES (corny, I know but I think you get the idea)then in each sub menu place your photos, you can do the same for your ANNIVERSARY Menu item, GETTING READY, DOING THE WILD THING (did I type that? or just think it).

Anyway I use MY DVD from Sonic it's pretty crappy but does a good job of slide shows and making a DVD with your Mpeg files, It doesn't do any re-encoding thats why I like it.

Hope that helps.

M

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005