1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight pauses for every frame

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by davidhut, Aug 13, 2004.

1. davidhut

davidhut Member

I just bought a portable Sony VCD PLayer which also plays MP3s and Cds. I bought 3 films which works fine so I went and bought another 2 films the first film kinda went all pixelated and the second film had a slight pause for every frame. And when I burn my music videos on to disc and view them it does the exact same thing or somethimes it won't move on to the next chapter and just practically jam up. How do I fix this? Or is it my player? which I doubt it because it plays commercial films fine.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It Probably is a combination of Your Player and How the VCD"s were created....
    Many VCD players will only Properly Play Retail VCD"s and will Choke on any Home made VCD"s .....
    VCD"s have Strict standards and with some Players if the VCD is even Slightly out of Spec the Player will not play it properly....