1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly OT: Epson R200 vs Canon i865

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by VinylPush, Nov 3, 2004.

1. VinylPush

VinylPush Member

Personally, I have the Canon printer (which I'm very happy with).

I'm just wondering how the Epson compares.

Anyone lend their opinion? I'm interested in print times, quality and the ink-per-disc cost.

2. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

I got a EPSON R200 and I love it.
    Prints paper a bit slow but the bonus of being able to print on disc is great.
    Down side is the ink is on the expensive side...

3. qetuo

qetuo Member

I have tried both Epson R200 and Canon Pixma ip4000.

The Canon is very fast, but CANNOT print full face printable CDs-DVDs...A huge disadvantage to me. Also text is horrible...

Epson does OK with CDs-DVDs, but is slow, and has terrible draft...

If you only care for full face printable discs, buy Epson...

Edit: I dont know if i865 has the same problem with printable CDs as Pixma has, but I think so

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  4. qetuo

qetuo Member

I dont know why HP not releasing a CD-DVD printer... I would buy it right away ;)

5. antons

antons Member

I love my i865! I've printed on hundreds of disk's and it never let's me down. I've heard of smudge problems with epson.

I think you are wrong here with the full face printable, you can adjust the "circles" even in CAnnon cd-label-print. And I've read about setting up a template in Nero label printer.

The quality is [bold]excelent[/bold] and no smudge on Ritek Clondisk printable media.

Recommend original ink tanks.

6. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

What I do is I spray every disc after print is dry with Krylon Preserve it Spray.
    So wet fingers wont smudge the ink on disc.

7. ibdragon

ibdragon Guest

Hi,
    Wanted to putmy .02 in. I just got the R200 3 weeks ago and have been printing ever since a couple of hundre disks and bunches of labels. This printer kicks butt. I'm totally happy with it and the print to disk is awesome. I don't spray and the disks come out dry with the standard settings. (Ritek G04 White Printable). I let them site for a few hours just to be safe. As to ink. I bought a continuous ink flow system from eBay. This also rocks. The set came with 100ml of each color and my printer is now like the energizer bunny. This makes my ink costs super low.

8. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

I love my epson r200. no smudging on ritek or verbatim blanks. I only use it for dvd printing so cant comment on text writing etc. As a very rough estimate I'd say I printed about 100 discs and have about 33% ink left. I always print at highest resolution.

My only complaint is that when the tray feeds in it stops feeding and I have to give it a little help. So I have to be there to nurse it. I actually had Epson send me a new printer and this one does the samething. Does anyone else have that problem? Regards...

9. biggc1

biggc1 Member

Yup mine does the exact same thing I have to help push it in weird.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

how old is your printer

11. puternerd

puternerd Member

I do, HP is going with the Lightscribe technology. Special burners and media will allow you to burn your disc and then flip it over and burn a label on it using the laser. You can read more about it here: http://lightscribe.com/about.aspx

12. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Hi:

The 1st r200 I received was in april 04. Epson sent me a second r200 in Sept. 04. Since that one also has the tray problem I complained again and they just sent me another refurb. which I havent hooked up yet. I'm sure this one will have the same problem. There must be some type of defect in all of them. Will keep you posted. Regards...