1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim 3.71

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Exeros, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Exeros

Exeros Member

I'm used to putting custom firmware for a fat psp but I just got a slim iced daxter bundle psp with 3.71 firmware
    I researched on how to upgrade it to custom 3.71 m33 firmware and found that its necessary to use the pandora method but there are so many guides and links floating around whenever I use the search function that it's hard to know what is reliable.
    I basically have a fat psp with custom firmware and I know I need to mod the battery but I need to know some more specifics about this.

1) If I hardmod the fat psp battery to pandora, will it still be usable after I'm done with the SLIM PSP 3.71m33 firmware update. And What I mean is, Will the fat psp battery be usable again in the Fat PSP like it normally would? (it's not my psp and I'd like to return it @_@)

2) I know I need a memory stick of atleast 1gb, but no more than that. After I do what I need with that memory stick, will I be able to use that like normal again?

3)I see many guides when I try to do a search but if I decide to do this, are there any guides that are reliable and specific as to make sure that everything I do is correct.

I have updated to custom firmware in 2 other fat psp's but this is my first time doing a SLIM PSP and I'd like to make sure I don't brick or mess up any psp.
    Remember that I am Trying to get custom firmware for my "Slim PSP 3.71ofw "

2. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

here is a pandora application to make your battery into a pandora battery using a CFW Phat PSP.

and then you can just use this guide...but yes you can turn your battery into a pandora one using the pandora application i gave you first...hope this helps...;)

But don't use the application to create your magic memory stick...use ONLY..!! to make your battery....and after you've gotten your SLIM up to 3.71 M33-2 put the battery back on the CFW Phat psp to turn it back to normal using the same application.

And use the guide i gave you to turn your memory stick into a MMS.

After you've successfully turn your battery back to normal and your SLIM is running 3.71 M33-2 download this here to turn your psp into 3.71 M33-4....sorry if i used a not so good group of words...;)

No need for opening battery if you use this pandora application to make your battery a pandora one...;)

3. Exeros

Exeros Member

So I just need to use that application? No need to open up the battery? That would be a huge relief and easier step thanks you

So the gist of it would be

1)Use the pandora application to make the pandora battery
    2) follow the second link guide
    3) But DON'T use the application for the magic memory stick
    4) after I'm done I can insert the battery back into my cfw psp and return it back to normal by using the same application as before.
    5) then use that same guide to turn the memroy stick into MMS (but not the application right?)

and the final step would be that final firmware update and all without opening the battery at all, am I right? @_@

Sorry I just want to be completly careful about this ~_~

4. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

Mmm

you use the pandora application i gave you first to only..!! turn your battery into a pandora one.

And then you use the second link which is a guide of Universal unbricker...am i right..?...to make your MMS

So you use the application for only the Battery and then you use the GUIDE for the memory stick only..hope you understand...can you post back with the steps just to make sure you understand again...;)

And yes...no need for opening your battery if you have a Phat CFW PSP...:D

5. Exeros

Exeros Member

yes I understood your steps but I noticed that your first two links are the same download.
    The guide link is the same as the application

6. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

Oh for real...crap..!!

Here is the link for the guide

SOrry CLick here this should be it

sorry again...XD.

7. Exeros

Exeros Member

Thanks a lot man.
    I could have destroyed my battery ~_~
    Everything went well, thanks for all the info.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you directed them to this guide HERE (when they have a custom firmware PSP) the application to convert the battery is included.

I have 2 guides 1 for custom firmware PSP users HERE and 1 for Official firmware PSP users HERE.

The first part of each guide is the same but in the custom firmware guide I walk them through converting the FAT/SLIM battery to a Pandora Battery. The Official Firmware guide walks them through what steps to take to buy a Datel Tool battery or hardmodding it.

9. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

@exeros.....Yup no problem...;)

@larry......O so i should just link them to your Universal Unbricker GUIDES...and in there you also have included the CFW pandora application?...to convert the battery...is that what you are saying..for one...and the other talks about getting a DATEL TOOL BATTERY for OFW users..?