1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim-fix v3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by flyinonic, Apr 10, 2005.

1. flyinonic

flyinonic Member

Has anyone used this fix yet? If so, what is better the summ0ne fix or this? I have recently decided to buy a pre-modded pstwo so i want it to last as long as it can and the makers say the slim-fix is 100% working. Thankyou

2. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

Dude! Don't buy a premod! The slim PStwo's are SOOO easy to mod. All you have to do is take the cover off and take a spring out and put tape over 2 sensors. It took me less than an hour to do it to my slim PStwo. If you buy a premod, they'll charge you like 300+.

3. tpham2006

tpham2006 Member

what's the point of taking the spring out if you are going to do the tape mod?

4. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

You take the spring out of the disc break so that it doesn't stop the disk when you have the tray open. The tape is for the 2 other sensors that detect if the tray is open or not.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

what? a mod chip is much better than a tape mod. Sure both will work. But can your tape mod play backups without a boot disc? My DMS4 Pro can. It will also play any region of DVD, you can use it with AR Max and just put in your backup like you would an original and it loads with codes. The new flash out for the DMS4 Pro can play DVD9 games, unlike the tape mod & Swap magic. and it will play both PAL & NTSC without any of the screen being cut off at the bottom.

two different world, just make sure you get a real good chip that offers flash upgrades like the DMS4 Pro does.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  6. flyinonic

flyinonic Member

ok kool, but does anyone actaully have any information on the two comparativly? lol I dont want to be mean or anything so you can do whatever, but I want to know before april 29th and i want to be really sure taht what im getting will be good by then. So any ideas or comments about them?

7. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

I love my swap disks.

I recomend them mostly because they're cheap, easy (with v.12), and there are no wires to solder or lasers to burn up.