1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim Lite PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Anjelica, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Anjelica

Anjelica Member

My Husband has the fat one which I have successfully changed to 3.52 m33-v4 and got to understand how to load and play ISO/CSO and PSX's.

I now want a PSP but don't know whether to get a second-hand one which will probably be fat or go for a brand new slim one.

Obviously games bundles and memory stick are irrelevant to me as all I really want is the console, so I guess my main queries are

1) Is the slim as easy to upgrade/downgrade with custom firmware as the fat

2) What official software is the slim currently being sold with.

3) My Husband was on official 3.40 which I was able to change. What is the last official firmware that can be changed on the slim ie what ones should I avoid as I want to change to custom firmware so that I play play ISO/CSOs etc

Thanks

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

There is only a few diferences, first of all the innovations on the slim, and the second most important one, you cant play some homebrews on the slim

It downgrades the same way with a FAT PSP Battery moded to work as pandora, you can do it with your husbands PSP and then turn it back to normal, after downgrading the SLIM and turning it to 3.71m33-2 all you need to do is use the firmware you want. Thats it... only problem as I stated is homebrew (emulators and stuff like that)

3. Anjelica

Anjelica Member

Cheers for this - I think I will shop around and see what I can get. I guess the easiest thing would be to go for a fat one as I know how to change it all and I guess the more we are able to modify these things, the harder the manufacturers try to stop us.

Slightly off topic - are you the Drakx of www.drakx.org that has a website that gives info on how to back up Nintendo DS? If so, cool guide!!!! I used it and was able to back up all my games (once I had put the correct ISP into the back-up software.