1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim model 77001-v15/magic kv mod

Discussion in 'PS2' started by viddy228, Feb 25, 2007.

1. viddy228

viddy228 Member

Hello i was hoping to find a diagram for a magic kv for a v15 slim pstwo.I have the magic kv in my ver 13 slim, but it was dropped a few months ago.i ordered a new optic block for it already but shipment got messed up so i went and bought a new slim.Its the ver 15 this time,so since the magic kv works in the ver 13 slim shouldnt t work in the ver 15?. But the board layout is alittle different, i need a diagram is all then im good to go. or will i have to buy a different modchip now also..NEED help bad!!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

There's a tissue mod for this. It's located between the two metal hinges, not the right side of the right metal hinge in the top left corner of your PS2 when you look at it vertically when it is on a flat surface. The difference between the v13 and v15 is where the magic switch is located. Instead of ||_|| <=== (Here) on the right side of the v13 model, it is found ||==>(Here)<==|| in between the metal hinges.

|| represents the metal hinges.

Hope it helps.

3. viddy228

viddy228 Member

Dude i dont understand anything you just said, im looking for a install diagram for the magic kv modchip for use in the ver 15 slim, since the slim ver 15 is so new, i havent seen any diagrams yet.Looks like im goin to order the crystal or the dms, i really didnt want to spend 50$ unlike the magic kv is only like 20$-30$.It has no firmware just plays ALL the backups.One thing i noticed though is the magic chip loads very fast and doest even show the ps2 logo in the begining just jumps right to the game.ive installed both before, dms,crystal,magic all of them are good just depends on what you need. no hdd for me just plug and play, online too no problems.