1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slim ps2 700002b laser adjustment

Discussion in 'PS2' started by szhbad, Apr 14, 2006.

1. szhbad

szhbad Member

hey can u manually adjust the laser on the slim ps2?
    ive tryed cleaning the laser but still wont read any disc.
    it hasnt been modded has the laser just burnt out is there any known probs with this version? thanx 4 any help
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

4. szhbad

szhbad Member

thanxs had alook and found most likely a laser prob seems like a very common prob with slim ps2
  5. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

if it still hasnt burnt out, u can try adjusting the POT settings on the bottom of the lens.
  6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yes..but mark or measure it first.. Then It's only a tiny tweak in either direction..

You can try measuring the resistance of the coils as well ( I haven't got a clue where to find a guide for the slimline..maybe the same place??) anything above 3 ohms and there is a chance.. Anything less usually means there has been a "mechachon crash" that has pushed too much current through the laser coils and caused shorted turns..

info...http://www.cyber-mag.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=135

Check everything you can find about the slimline laser fixes for chipping.. They usually have loads of info about lasers as totally incedental info.. Good Luck :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2006
  7. szhbad

szhbad Member

i checked out the cybermag guides and a few others.no actual guides photo guides on how 2 adjust v12 but i think i have to take the laser out to adjust its not chipped so idnt think it needs laser fix i will open it up hav aplay with the laser it was given to me not wrkn so no loss so far
  8. teamsps2

teamsps2 Member

The v12 laser is disposable. They are not worth repairing and theres not much room for adjusting. You can buy them new for less than $20 in many places.
  9. szhbad

szhbad Member

i kinda came to the same conclusion