1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slim ps2 help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cracklee, Jun 27, 2007.

1. cracklee

cracklee Guest

can i open my ps2 insert swap magic and then when it says boot program swap with my burned disc with no detection

2. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

yup thats what swap magic is for.
    insert swap magic turn on ps2 when the disc stops spinning insert your backup and press square or x.
    as long as you burnt the game onto a good disc and not a crappy cheap one you should be fine.
    i use taiyo yuden dvd-r 8x burnt at 4x never had any problems with fmvs skipping or long loading times.

3. cracklee

cracklee Guest

but i mean withour magic keys its like the flip top but with no top

4. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

so youve got your slim ps2, swap magic and havnt put the magic keys in?

if you havent put the magic keys in then no. the magic keys hold down switches on the ps2 when its open so it doesnt detect the swap.

without them when you open the ps2 the disk while stop spinning and if you insert a copy it will say not a valid disk.

5. cracklee

cracklee Guest

so ur saying i need to push Tool D down then block tool A and tool B and im done.

6. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

The tools keep a few switches pressed down, which complete a circuit, telling the drive that the tray is closed, you need these tools pressed down so that the disk can be swapped without the drive actually being ejected, so YES, it is important that you have the keys in, however, if you do not have the keys, there are alternative methods you can use, to hold the switches down, such as the straw and tissue method. Hope that helps.

7. cracklee

cracklee Guest

or the tape and tissue mod

8. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Tape and tissue mod is where you stuff some tissue in the front sensor hole, and tape it down, and use a straw for the sensor at the back.

9. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

how does that work? never heard about that.
    there are 2 sensors at the back though so how would you push the 1 down and the other to the right swap the disc and close it without releases the switches. lol
    anyway cracklee you should be able 2 buy those tools seperatly if youve alredy got got the boot disc wouldnt cost much for 3 pieces of plastic id imagine.
    the tool for the back sensor is pretty fiddly to put in aswell it keeps popping out so push it to the left while your putting it in then when its in push it to the right n u should hear a click n ull know its in right.
    i should of though about tisue and tape as i just stuck some blu tac in the front sensor n its stuck.

10. cracklee

cracklee Guest

i thought there was one switch in the back the little black box
    as for the disc brake i have that tool and the tool a i would just put tissue in the how to block the sensor and tape it i saw this on youtube

11. tai56

tai56 Member

I took a cheap way out, Lol... But, I still had to buy swap magic, but instead of those magic keys... The sensor in the front was easily covered by a thin piece of plastic underneath the cover laying across the bridge of the switch... pretty much anything small and hard worked for pushing the white pad over... The back switch was the fun part... If you can't find anything to use and don't really care about a clip cover being taken off your ps2, a very good replacement for those caps you can buy to cover up those switches and keep the pad over would probably be a little cap off a slim ps2... One of the plastic ones, If you trim about one and a half or two mm off of the arms or legs, and trim off the sides of them, it should place on easily.. Although, I had to play around with it for a while because when i put the lid back on and pressed the eject button, the lid would pop up but wouldn't close all the way, so you may have to adjust the cap. But, yeah... That's pretty easy and cheap, so have fun.

12. Frankar

Frankar Member

I made a youtube video recently, showing how to block the sensors without the "magic keys".
    Don't bother with all that crap, waste of money. Just use tissue and tape.

Anyway, here's the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCt3CAv_R4Q