1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim PS2 not reading DVDs. CDs work perfectly

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pr0n, Sep 1, 2007.

1. pr0n

pr0n Member

Hi I have an american chipped Slimline V14 PS2, and I've had it for a year now, worked perfectly fine.. until today.

So my little brother was playing Atari Anthology and all was good, then he said he wanted to play a different Atari game, and so he went to the main menu and chose another; after he did that, the screen went completely blank, and after a minute or so, he reseted the game. It didn't load. He then called me to see what was wrong, and indeed, the PS2 wasn't reading any game.

I did some tests, first with an original DVD game (MGS3) and it said The disc could not be read and that happened to all the DVDs I tested. I then inserted an original CD game, worked flawlessly, and so did backup CD games.

What's the problem? And how can I fix it?

Thanks.

2. TommyHoov

TommyHoov Member

Hey email me your address I have something that will fix your problem and I have the same type but mine is for the slim line hopefully u know something to fix mine

3. pr0n

pr0n Member

we can't post our addresses here, it's against the rules, why dont you post what you have here?

And if you read carefully I clearly state that I have a Slimline (aka Slim) ps2.

4. TommyHoov

TommyHoov Member

Yeah it slipped my mind that u had said u had a slimline until I had posted my reply, but I still can help.Whne u take ur ps2 apart where the lens is u can flip it over and there should be to sort of screws there first mark the screw and the board with a sharpie or other perm marker so u can tell where u started from (mark it like at the 12 o'clock position.hen take a screw driver and turn it to the right 1 degree (it should be marked dvd side or cd side screw!) You just need to adjust the dvd side screw just one degree then try to play ur ps2.If it doesn't work u will have to keep adjust one degree then close back up and try the game.