1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim PS2 Online Connectivity

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bmxer4lyf, Mar 17, 2005.

1. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

My question is, I have had a slim PS2 for some time now and I have a Matrix Infinity installed in it and thought about using the built-in online adaptor. First of all...will I be able to go online? Seeing as I have a modchip installed, cuz i heard sumthing like if you have burned games the ID key for going online wont work, or sumthing like that...? And also lol, can someone give me nice clear details on setting the PS2 connection up to my computer, or a link on how to do so. Will I need any certain cables?

Thanks, PS- I did search for this, lol i just couldnt find a clear explaination...

2. Repoman89

Repoman89 Member

If you want to connect both PC and PS2 you can use a router. I have a linksys BEF41 something or other and it works great, once you have it the directions are pretty straightforward. You plug your internet into the router (make sure you know your username/password and whatever you need to connect) Then plug the two cables into the PS2 and computer. I hope that's what you asked, if you need more info just ask

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok yea, I have a Linksys router as well. Not sure wat one exactly though. So what two cables am I using? Sorry, I'm still not too clear on what im doing.

4. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

and also, am I connecting these cables to the BASE router? im assuming...or i am doing somthing with router i have upstairs? (USB router)

Cuz this is how it is...

My dad has his comp. in the basement, and he has the BASE router down there.

My comp. is upstairs, and I have the USB router. I don't wanna have to bring my PS2 and T.V down there...but will I have to?

Thanks in advance!