1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SLIM PS2 OR FAT PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 9932sens, Mar 6, 2005.

1. 9932sens

9932sens Guest

HI WHICH PS2 SHOULD I BUY THE SLIM PS2 WITH THE MAGIC SWITCH AND SWAP MAGIC 3.3 OR THE FAT PS2 WITH THE SLIDE TOOL AND SWAP MAGIC 3.3
    THANK YOU

2. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

fat ps2 with big hard drive HDadvance 2.0 and a flip top. can use up to 300gb hd (i think). definitly best option

3. williej

williej Regular member

Fat. There may be a version of HD Loader/HD Advance coming out but ... it's not here and you are gonna spend hella funds trying to get all of it set up. I have a 390001 series PS2, Seagate 300gb HD and mad games on it. And you can get the older PS2 cheaper as well.

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I would also go for the older version because you can do more to it and it is less fragile. If you can try and get a v7 upwards then that would be great.

I dont really like the slimline as it is too fragile and can easily be broken lol.

5. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I agree, go with the old style. At least until they work out all the quirks with the new one.

And you'll be able to use a standard IDE hard drive right away, instead of having to wait for the USB Extreme or whatever it's gonna be called.

By the way, I read you could only use up to 200 gig with the PS2 (HDLoader/HDAdvance), I got a 200 gig instead of a 300 just because I heard it wouldn't read any more than 200?!?!?!

6. williej

williej Regular member

I gambled ... I got a Seagate, brand new, and plopped it into my PS2. I figured ... what tha hay ... if it doesn't work, I can stick it into my PC. But ... right off the bat, it recognized 279gb. I have like 25 games on there and I still have 170gb of space left. I love HD Advance 2.0. I wish there was a way to rip GT4 to it, but I know folks are working 'round the clock to find out how to do it ...