1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim ps2 question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Total2006, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Total2006

Total2006 Guest

hello
    i'm planning to buy a slim ps2,so i wanted to know which model does not have the laser issue and can be modded and compatible with all games
    thanks inadvance

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

V12 have laser issues...You cant find these in stores...unless some stores arent popular and stor the PS2 there for a year. But all PS2 system can be modded with high compabiblity.

3. Total2006

Total2006 Guest

thanks vcbc,so any version above 12 is ok

i got another question,all the ps2's i find r made in china,so is their any difference in performance if the console is chinese or japanese,etc

4. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

V9 & V10 also have laser issues...but those are the older fater ps2. As with made in japan and made in china, i wpouldnt really know i never saw made in japan before. I have a couple of made in china ps2 and they work fine.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

anything above a V12 should be fine with a slimline. and with a fat model i would get a V5/6 or V7. But you need to know what you want BEFORE you buy one.

If all you want is to play back up games then pretty much any model will work if modded right. I have owned a V5/6 which was fine, a V7 which was great, and a V12 which works great too (but i have a modchip and laser fix installed)

If you ever plan to add a hard drive then i would save up and get a premodded V7 from Teammodders.com
    A DMS4 Pro SE or Crystal Chip V2.0 would be your best chip choice.
    installing a hard drive in a slimline, like i did with my V12, is very expensive. It will fit right into an older model (fat PS2)
    Hard drives save laser life, save your discs from being scratched and give you faster loading times.

and if you really want options then buy a premodded Xbox instead which can do so much more then a modded PS2. And has many advantages.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007