1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim ps2 won't boot!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Goatblu, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Goatblu

Goatblu Member

I hope this is in the right forum. You guys seem to know more about the tape mod than the other forums, so i'm posting this here. I was thinking about doing the tape mod, and decided to open my slim ps2 to try and understand what exactly i'd be doing if I did the mod. Most posts on this are fairly vague, and I wanted to see things for myself. Well i just opened my ps2, looked at it, and put the cover back on. I grounded myself, and didn't really even touch anything inside the ps2, but now it won't boot. The red light turns on when its plugged in, and the reset button clicks like it should, but nothing happens when I press it. I don't really understand what could have gone wrong. Has anyone else experienced this when opening their slim ps2? I hope its just somehtng really simple that I missed. Any information on this would be extremely helpful as i'm totally lost right now.

Thankyou

2. Goatblu

Goatblu Member

Nevermind, I had to resolder the switch and now it works perfectly again.

3. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

4. Goatblu

Goatblu Member

actually, I do have a slimtool, and it works ok. I had to resolder the actual reset switch inside the ps2. It broke off when I opened it. Thanks for the tip though.