1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim Pstwo - How to obtain DNAS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Takenover, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Takenover

Takenover Member

K here is the low down.

Im trying to get the DNAS from a retail game on my slim Pstwo. I am using Swap Magic 3.3 and Disk ID utility .2A

I insert Swap Magic and then insert Disk Utility Disk and hit "X". It loads fine, but the disk will not stop spinning. So I slowly stop it on my own, and carefully insert my retail disk. But it won't spit out the code, I keep getting the generic code.

I have tried with two different games.

When I stop "Disk Utility Disk" from spinning, and insert the "retail game", it doesnt spin as fast.

Ive tried this on cd and dvd media.

Has anybody gottn this to work with the new ps2's? (pstwo slim v12 I believe)

2. Takenover

Takenover Member

3. poodude

poodude Member

This happens becuase the maker of the id utility is retarded. Unlike the swap magic discs that stop spinning once its loaded into memory, the disc id utility just keeps on spinning and spinning... The only way to copy the ID off a retail ps2 disc using the utility is to make the ps2 realize the lid is open after you loaded the id utility. If you're like me and you have all your sensors covered, you're kind of screwed. The only way to do it is to somehow uncover one of the sensors so it stops spinning, then put in the retail disc and close the lid.

4. reeshmd

reeshmd Member

Hey quick question I also have a slimline but I cant even get the disk id utility to boot up with magic swap 3.6, I have tried the cd and dvd versions, any answers?

5. ricik

ricik Member

i can show you how to make that game work online let me no

6. reeshmd

reeshmd Member

i figured it out and the backups work online now to! Is there a way sony can stop this though? I mean it seems like they should be able to. And can u use the same dnas for any game with out a problem?

P